This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

stop demanding SE to make games

#1OtakuGameraPosted 3/26/2013 6:40:33 PM
remember what happened to THQ? they expected 5 million darksiders 2, they were losing money left and right and finally, they were developing too many and releasing too little games namely COH2, saints row 4, south park, metro last light and tons more. 2/3 is applied to SE already, lets hope the 3rd isnt.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#2CaptainLukaPosted 3/26/2013 6:41:39 PM
I don't think people would demand the games if SE wouldn't announce games then keep them in limbo with no word on whether or not the games even exist anymore.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#3DemiFistPosted 3/26/2013 6:44:22 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
remember what happened to THQ? they expected 5 million darksiders 2, they were losing money left and right and finally, they were developing too many and releasing too little games namely COH2, saints row 4, south park, metro last light and tons more. 2/3 is applied to SE already, lets hope the 3rd isnt.

You do realize THQ did not make any of those games right?
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#4JulesNeciPosted 3/26/2013 6:48:23 PM
While we stop demanding Square Enix to make games, let's also stop demanding McDonald's to make burgers!
I would love to understand your logic of "stop demanding a game company to make games," unfortunately my mind cannot seem to process the idea.

Food for thought: If selling 3.4 million copies of a game (Tomb Raider, specifically) within its first month of release falls into "under expectations" to Square Enix, they really need to rethink their plans, goals and business model.
---
I own both the Vita and the Wii U. Judge me.
#5crucadesPosted 3/26/2013 6:49:26 PM
Lol.

And THQ has the games workshop licence, youd think they would be immortal anyway.
---
psn: crucades
#6tyrant6Posted 3/26/2013 7:13:09 PM
Ok first I can say whatever I want

Next did SE really need to do 2 sequels to a game,FF13, that was generally panned by fans.Especially the North American ones SE is kind of blaming the current woes on.Yes I understand many of the costs were lower due to reusing assets but the money that was spent on these unwanted games could have gone to finishing already announce games that are still in limbo

Secondly who asked for a second MMO.FF14 should have never been made to begin with.Furthermore after the disaster that was the games launch SE should never have pumped more cash into it to nearly redo the entire thing for A Realm Reborn.They should have just patched the broken mess they made to a halfway decent game and cut their losses

Third,Don't over predict sales figures for your products.Tomb Raider sold 3.4 million in its first month which considering the status of the franchise,nearly dead prior to the new game,is really good but apparently not good enough for SE

Last we all know the financial situation could be turned around with one release,which I won't name here,but SE refuses to do it
---
Gaming since 1984
#7boredofyouPosted 3/26/2013 7:25:39 PM
I think companies have the same kind of problem with the gaming industry the banks had with the housing/loan market..

They project a bubble that will just keep growing and so each new blockbuster release is projected to sell better than the last no matter what. But the very nature of a bubble is to inflate and burst. Now, the big game companies are hitting walls they refused to believe in.

I disagree that we should quit demanding games. From SE or any other publisher! They need to know, now more than ever, that they have a consumer base..

They only need to change how they go about pleasing that consumer base.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#8DoramiPosted 3/26/2013 7:27:34 PM
DemiFist posted...
OtakuGamera posted...

You do realize THQ did not make any of those games right?

As far as effect on their finances go, they don't have to make those games. They merely need to fund their development.
---
"Just for reference, a Radeon 7950 with "only" 3GB of GDDR5 memory retails for about $300 USD. That's about $100 per gig." - Alaster111
#9Still__RippinPosted 3/26/2013 7:29:28 PM
*demands SE to make games*
---
l'm Rip, l love gaming. Been gaming since SNES and this is my channel~
http://www.youtube.com/user/ZeitgeistGamer?feature=mhee