This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth playing through the original Assassin's Creed?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Worth playing through the original Assassin's Creed?
3 years ago#1
I'm planning on getting into the Assassin's Creed series because it looks pretty interesting-- II and Brotherhood in particular-- and I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I want to buy the first Assassin's Creed, but I heard from many people that the game is insanely repetitive and just not good at all.

Despite this, is it still worth the play? Why or why not?

Thanks!
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
3 years ago#2
I think its still fun, yes the missions are repetitive, where you do the same 3 activities alot, but the story is definently worth seeing and it s still a blast. Probably cheap now too
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#3
I would say no. 2 improved on pretty much everything from 1, which is pretty meh.

The games do kind of a s*** job explaining the story, though, so there are some cutscenes you might want to look up to have things make sense. Not really worth it just for the story, though. 1 sucks compared to the Ezio Trilogy.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, do not get the Ezio Trilogy collection. It makes the games significantly more buggy, and in a series that already has it's fair share of glitches, that's unacceptable.
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
3 years ago#4
NOOOOOOOO!
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
3 years ago#5
theatrical_cat posted...
EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, do not get the Ezio Trilogy collection. It makes the games significantly more buggy, and in a series that already has it's fair share of glitches, that's unacceptable.

Really? Didn't notice much of a difference at all. And I've played ACII before getting the Ezio Trilogy.
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
3 years ago#6
It's pretty short, so it's not like you'll be wasting a lot of your time if you don't like it.
3 years ago#7
Banjo2553 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...

Really? Didn't notice much of a difference at all. And I've played ACII before getting the Ezio Trilogy.

I've run into a lot longer load times, AI running in place into walls, lanterns flying across the map, and a lot else in ACII alone. Brotherhood's even worse.

Maybe it's not common, but I've seen a lot more glitches on the ET disc than on ACII by itself. It's possible and worth knowing.
3 years ago#8
kupo1705 posted...
It's pretty short, so it's not like you'll be wasting a lot of your time if you don't like it.

Depends on if you're a completionist or not. (Getting all those flags with no way of tracking them... UUUUUUUGH.)
3 years ago#9
I felt AC1 was the strongest. Sure, it got a little repetitive, but everything you did to an extent made sense of why and how you do it, where AC2 breaks some of these. Pick pocket, for example, is a little more difficult in AC1 because you have to steal from their pocket while they aren't noticing. AC2 you just brush by them.
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
3 years ago#10
Honestly, not at all. Eizo's story really doesn't link with the first game's story, and the 2nd game fixes all the issues with the first game.
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Worth playing through the original Assassin's Creed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived