This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth playing through the original Assassin's Creed?

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/26/2013 10:36:03 PM
I'm planning on getting into the Assassin's Creed series because it looks pretty interesting-- II and Brotherhood in particular-- and I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I want to buy the first Assassin's Creed, but I heard from many people that the game is insanely repetitive and just not good at all.

Despite this, is it still worth the play? Why or why not?

Thanks!
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2BrutalBrockenPosted 3/26/2013 10:39:12 PM
I think its still fun, yes the missions are repetitive, where you do the same 3 activities alot, but the story is definently worth seeing and it s still a blast. Probably cheap now too
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#3theatrical_catPosted 3/26/2013 10:41:49 PM(edited)
I would say no. 2 improved on pretty much everything from 1, which is pretty meh.

The games do kind of a s*** job explaining the story, though, so there are some cutscenes you might want to look up to have things make sense. Not really worth it just for the story, though. 1 sucks compared to the Ezio Trilogy.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, do not get the Ezio Trilogy collection. It makes the games significantly more buggy, and in a series that already has it's fair share of glitches, that's unacceptable.
---
In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.
#4NovaKaneXPosted 3/26/2013 10:53:52 PM
NOOOOOOOO!
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#5Banjo2553Posted 3/26/2013 10:56:30 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, do not get the Ezio Trilogy collection. It makes the games significantly more buggy, and in a series that already has it's fair share of glitches, that's unacceptable.

Really? Didn't notice much of a difference at all. And I've played ACII before getting the Ezio Trilogy.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#6kupo1705Posted 3/26/2013 11:02:18 PM
It's pretty short, so it's not like you'll be wasting a lot of your time if you don't like it.
#7theatrical_catPosted 3/26/2013 11:04:33 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
theatrical_cat posted...

Really? Didn't notice much of a difference at all. And I've played ACII before getting the Ezio Trilogy.

I've run into a lot longer load times, AI running in place into walls, lanterns flying across the map, and a lot else in ACII alone. Brotherhood's even worse.

Maybe it's not common, but I've seen a lot more glitches on the ET disc than on ACII by itself. It's possible and worth knowing.
---
#8theatrical_catPosted 3/26/2013 11:05:51 PM
kupo1705 posted...
It's pretty short, so it's not like you'll be wasting a lot of your time if you don't like it.

Depends on if you're a completionist or not. (Getting all those flags with no way of tracking them... UUUUUUUGH.)
---
#9flame030191Posted 3/26/2013 11:08:08 PM
I felt AC1 was the strongest. Sure, it got a little repetitive, but everything you did to an extent made sense of why and how you do it, where AC2 breaks some of these. Pick pocket, for example, is a little more difficult in AC1 because you have to steal from their pocket while they aren't noticing. AC2 you just brush by them.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#10pirajacintoPosted 3/26/2013 11:08:48 PM
Honestly, not at all. Eizo's story really doesn't link with the first game's story, and the 2nd game fixes all the issues with the first game.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena