This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Worth playing through the original Assassin's Creed?

#21ShineboxerPosted 3/27/2013 6:14:38 AM
The original Assassin's Creed was the biggest disappointment in my gaming life. It was so awful and repetitive that I've yet to give anything else in the series a chance.

That's a mistake.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#22theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:03:46 PM
theatrical_cat posted...
kupo1705 posted...
It's pretty short, so it's not like you'll be wasting a lot of your time if you don't like it.

Depends on if you're a completionist or not. (Getting all those flags with no way of tracking them... UUUUUUUGH.)

I'm not a completionist :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23Stanger5150Posted 3/27/2013 5:06:20 PM
Unpopular opinion, but yes, it's absolutely worth it. The setting is amazing.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Vanquish- PS3, Super Mario Bros. 2- NES
#24PinkPikachuPosted 3/27/2013 5:07:24 PM
It's very repetitive, personally I think it's...ass
---
PSN:Tron_Carter
#25guineathewopPosted 3/27/2013 5:31:05 PM
It's worth it for the setting. The gameplay can be boring at times but it's not the end of the world. It's a good $30 game. And you can probably find for $10.
#26ninjakrakenPosted 3/27/2013 5:38:13 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
Unpopular opinion, but yes, it's absolutely worth it. The setting is amazing.

Yes, AC1 has my favourite setting, and I think it has the best story out of all of them. The story had a cool and mysterious vibe to it, and it made you question who was right and who was wrong. The rest of the AC games made the storyline very cheesy. I now dislike AC so much especially because of Brotherhood that it is unlikely I will play another AC game.
---
PSN: lady_mystic
Mind your blasted manners! Uncivil, uncouth, uncultivated! - Lady Smith
#27theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:00:10 PM
It's $8 on Amazon.

I'm guessing it should be an okay investment?

I'm very scared about the repetition, but if I like it enough, I will definitely give Assassin's Creed II a chance.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#28art_of_the_killPosted 3/27/2013 7:11:42 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
It's $8 on Amazon.

I'm guessing it should be an okay investment?

I'm very scared about the repetition, but if I like it enough, I will definitely give Assassin's Creed II a chance.

Yes, you should at least try it. It's actually one of my favorite games this gen.

Honestly, the repetition isn't that bad when you consider that AC1 has some of the best assassinations in the series.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#29zyrax2301Posted 3/27/2013 7:13:11 PM
The story, hell yes. Just avoid side missions where you can and you'll enjoy it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#30redbuckPosted 3/29/2013 9:12:36 AM(edited)
If you're like me, and absolutely must play a game you're interested in just to see if it's as bad as people say (DmC has been nagging at me recently), then just get it. If this is the case, then you and I both know you're going to end up getting it anyway.

It's not THAT bad, but I'd certainly agree that it's extremely repetitive. To give you an idea, I believe it goes: Travel to new area, obtain information about target, assassinate, escape. There could be more to it, but it's definitely a noticeably repetitive game. AC II, on the other hand, is an all around MUCH better game. Seriously.