This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tales Fans please answer this

#1Bancario51Posted 3/27/2013 9:37:02 AM
What is all the hubbub about Tales of Vesperia being a 360 exclusive for its english release? What was the history behind the cancellation on the Sony platform. Did Microsoft strike a special deal with Bamco for this game?
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 3/27/2013 9:37:55 AM
They never wanted to localize the PS3 port
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3warrenmatsPosted 3/27/2013 9:40:09 AM
I heard Microsoft owns the English dub of ToV...or something.

I don't really care...but the rumor smells like BS to me.
---
:D
#4badboyPosted 3/27/2013 10:00:09 AM
A special deal? LOL. These games barely sell a few copies outside Japan.
#5deathsaber79Posted 3/27/2013 10:06:19 AM
MS paid for ToV to be a timed exclusive in the USA. It eventually got an enhanced PS3 version in Japan (kind of like how Tales of Graces F is) but Namco never saw fit to bring it outside of Japan. Western gamers that don't own a 360 still bitterly complain to this day.
#6ManservicePosted 3/27/2013 10:13:59 AM
badboy posted...

Pretty much.

The only Tales game that was successful outside of Japan was Tales of Symphonia, arguably the best game in the series. That game was also "exclusive" to one system outside of Japan, but received an enhanced port on another system in Japan.

Maybe Bamco was just being cheap. I mean, they're kinda known for that anyway (except for when it comes to their baby, Tekken).
#7PHEEliNUXPosted 3/27/2013 10:16:14 AM
Manservice posted...
badboy posted...

Pretty much.

The only Tales game that was successful outside of Japan was Tales of Symphonia, arguably the best game in the series. That game was also "exclusive" to one system outside of Japan, but received an enhanced port on another system in Japan.

Maybe Bamco was just being cheap. I mean, they're kinda known for that anyway (except for when it comes to their baby, Tekken).

Yeah, Scamco Bandai only really cares about Tekken, For Tales... they really don't care about it despite it being a buried gold mine
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"