This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am glad Bioshock Infinite is only Single Player game

#21carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:35:55 PM
So in your own opinion can you tell me why this game did not need a multiplayer mode?

Because the game is fun with single player alone. Can you tell me, in your own opinion, why it did/does?

I don't care for multiplayer mode so I can't answer you back,, but you just saying because "the game is fun single player" is not really a good answer, I'm being serious and since you played this game I'm just wondering if this game did need a multiplayer mode.
So can you emphasize on why this game did not need multiplayer? and why did Bioshock 2 have this mode?
and isBioshock more open world??? or just the thrill of those sky hook things?, is this why they did not make a multiplayer because of the advantage of skyhooks?
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#22xbs2034Posted 3/27/2013 6:38:13 PM
I agree, frankly the fact that it also comes with Bioshock 1 means you get two awesome single player games in one package.

To be honest, outside of games like Halo and CoD (and even there campaign is the main focus for me) I don't play much MP and usually never touch it in games where the MP is online-only (I only really enjoy MP when I playing with someone next to me). I'm fine with MP as long as there is a solid single player experience, but certainly there are some games where that is not the case, and the addition in series like TR and GOW which have become famous for their single player gameplay style is silly.
#23jubjub360Posted 3/27/2013 6:41:58 PM
carsauce posted...
So in your own opinion can you tell me why this game did not need a multiplayer mode?

Because the game is fun with single player alone. Can you tell me, in your own opinion, why it did/does?

I don't care for multiplayer mode so I can't answer you back,, but you just saying because "the game is fun single player" is not really a good answer, I'm being serious and since you played this game I'm just wondering if this game did need a multiplayer mode.
So can you emphasize on why this game did not need multiplayer? and why did Bioshock 2 have this mode?
and isBioshock more open world??? or just the thrill of those sky hook things?, is this why they did not make a multiplayer because of the advantage of skyhooks?

So just because I played a game means it needs multiplayer? Lol ok.

It did not need a crappy multiplayer tacked on for the hell of it like Bioshock 2 did. Also Bioshock 2 wasn't developed by Irrational. It was made by 2K Marin, Digital Extremes did the multiplayer, and Arkane did the level design for it. It literally was a tacked on multiplayer in the same way that CoD single player is tacked on for CoD.

Bioshock Infinite is open world in the same sense that Bioshock 1 is open world. No they did not make multiplayer just because they used Skyhooks. That's just dumb to use as an excuse.
#24carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:59:04 PM
carsauce posted...

It did not need a crappy multiplayer tacked on for the hell of it like Bioshock 2 did. Also Bioshock 2 wasn't developed by Irrational. It was made by 2K Marin, Digital Extremes did the multiplayer, and Arkane did the level design for it. It literally was a tacked on multiplayer in the same way that CoD single player is tacked on for CoD.

Bioshock Infinite is open world in the same sense that Bioshock 1 is open world. No they did not make multiplayer just because they used Skyhooks. That's just dumb to use as an excuse.

No Im saying I just wanted to know your opinion, since you been all over the boards with this game by now.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#25jubjub360Posted 3/27/2013 7:00:54 PM
carsauce posted...
carsauce posted...

No Im saying I just wanted to know your opinion, since you been all over the boards with this game by now.

I've been in one topic (two now with this one) and only one board: This one. How is this all over the boards?
#26carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:05:00 PM
carsauce posted...
carsauce posted...

I've been in one topic (two now with this one) and only one board: This one. How is this all over the boards?

OMG,. figure of speech, and nevermind lmao.
---
#27gucciburrrPosted 3/27/2013 7:21:59 PM
So instead of your $60 purchase possibly bringing over 100 hours of gameplay, you're happy with a 10 hour playthrough and a disc that will rot at Gamestop in a week? Gotta love that Gamefaqs logic...
---
Man I hate bein SOOOOOOOOBA!!!!!!
#28_tanjil_Posted 3/27/2013 7:25:38 PM
flame030191 posted...
carsauce posted...
9 times out of 10, it takes nothing away from SP at all, just adds extra value as well as more incentive for extra sales (people who buy games for MP or to have it after they beat the game)

Why "be glad" that you're missing a feature?

Because it's not a feature ,I really care to play on a game, I finished Tomb Raider and GOW and have not touched multiplayer at all in those games, but Black Ops 2 is just fine for me?

You beat Tomb Raider and God of War, both lengthy, well made games. You likely enjoyed them.

Sure, you didn't play the MP. It's not required, and you paid nothing extra for it. There's some who do enjoy having the option, and some who really want the mode. Why cry when a game gets MP to open up to these markets or "rejoice" when it shuns them?

^ Exactly as this guy says. Well I don't about God of War, the single player probably wasn't amazing due to bad choices and not the multiplayer. But Tomb Raider had a great single player, I doubt not having the multiplayer would make the game significantly better. If anything the budget would just get reduced and the game maybe released earlier.

But yeah just because someone doesn't play multiplayer doesn't mean someone else doesn't
#29carsauce(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:28:44 PM
So instead of your $60 purchase possibly bringing over 100 hours of gameplay, you're happy with a 10 hour playthrough and a disc that will rot at Gamestop in a week? Gotta love that Gamefaqs logic...

Yes , 100 hours of multiplayer?That's actually Yakuza 4 gameplay hours
---
#30jubjub360Posted 3/27/2013 7:29:39 PM
carsauce posted...

Yes , 100 hours of multiplayer?That's actually Yakuza 4 gameplay hours

He's talking about CoD.