This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation 3D Display, blinking red light

#1SoulAssassin226Posted 3/28/2013 12:38:04 AM
I've been using the PS 3D Display as my PC monitor and occasionally with my PS3. Just now the screen turned off for about 4 seconds and then came back on but now there is a blinking red light where the blue light normally is when it is on. I've heard these things have a pretty high failure rate. Quick google search shows other people with the blinking red light but most of them seem to have a completely dead display with the red light while mine is still functioning. The blinking light has me extremely worried now though. Anyone else get this blinking red light while the display was still working? How much longer do I got before this thing dies out on me?
#2Elements012894Posted 3/28/2013 12:57:59 AM
If your getting the red light its already dead or it's time is coming soon.

My broke in 3 weeks, but I sent it back to sony and its been working for the past year now.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#3SoulAssassin226(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 9:03:33 AM
I've had mine for about 7 months. The light is back to green and no longer blinking red but I don't know how long that will last. The screen randomly flickers off and on every once in a while since shortly after I got it but never as long as it did last night and never with the blinking red light so I am definitely fearing that it's time is coming.

Does Sony send you a coffin for the display the same way they do for the PS3? And I'm guessing the manufacturer warranty is 1 year on this, right?
#4shawnmckPosted 3/28/2013 9:07:07 AM
There have been a LOT of people complaining that these units don't last...and were probably built cheaply.
Mine has been okay *knocks on wood*, but with all the people claiming that theirs has already broke-down, then I am worried that mine will be soon enough as well.

It's a nice tv, but has a very bad reputation and is notorious for breaking down.
#5L0ZPosted 3/28/2013 9:09:01 AM
its the drivers or video card according to the pc board. unless the same thing happens to you when you have a ps3 connected
---
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#6SoulAssassin226(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:07:24 AM
Ah yes, now that you mention it, my old monitor began flickering just before I switched it for the PS Display so I didn't think much of it when that began flickering too, thinking it might just be the video card or drivers causing it. I had forgotten all about that and was focused entirely on the display because of all the failure reports, but I'm not sure if the screen does flicker when I connect it to my PS3. I've been meaning to upgrade a few parts on my PC since they're pretty old so maybe that's what my issue is. That eases my worry a bit but the "blackout" on the screen last night was definitely noticeably longer than all other times it has happened so I'm still worried about this thing. If it does crap out on me, would Sony send me a coffin box the way they do with the PS3 to get it repaired?
#7northleafPosted 3/30/2013 2:33:36 PM
Ah yes, now that you mention it, my old monitor began flickering just before I switched it for the PS Display so I didn't think much of it when that began flickering too, thinking it might just be the video card or drivers causing it. I had forgotten all about that and was focused entirely on the display because of all the failure reports, but I'm not sure if the screen does flicker when I connect it to my PS3. I've been meaning to upgrade a few parts on my PC since they're pretty old so maybe that's what my issue is. That eases my worry a bit but the "blackout" on the screen last night was definitely noticeably longer than all other times it has happened so I'm still worried about this thing. If it does crap out on me, would Sony send me a coffin box the way they do with the PS3 to get it repaired?

if its already flashing black, then you should send it in for replacement... I bought and returned mine to best buy until my 3rd unit which has actually been working perfectly for 5 months now.. so I got lucky...