This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about PS+

#1Rapham0nPosted 3/28/2013 6:25:10 AM
If I subscribe to PS PLUS and get a game from it for free do I have to be connected to the Internet whenever I want to play that game?
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#2DevilTears604Posted 3/28/2013 6:27:57 AM
No you don't. Once the game's downloaded, you can play it offline.

The only catch with PS+, is that if you cancel your subscription to it, you won't be able to play those games.
---
Day One buys for 2013: Devil may Cry, Dead Space 3, GoW: Ascension, Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V
#3captainjeff87Posted 3/28/2013 6:33:15 AM
You only have to be connected to the internet to use the cloud storage.
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#4Rapham0n(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:36:58 AM
So then how does the system know that you aren't "cheating" with your subscription? For example what if I get a game for free from PS+ then just go offline and set back my PS3's clock whenever my subscription is close to ending? How would the game/PS3/PS+ know the difference?
---
#5Bebop242Posted 3/28/2013 6:40:18 AM
Rapham0n posted...
So then how does the system know that you aren't "cheating" with your subscription? For example what if I get a game for free from PS+ then just go offline and set back my PS3's clock whenever my subscription is close to ending? How would the game/PS3/PS+ know the difference?

Not sure how it works, but it will still expire. Prob some internal clock that you can't change or something.
#6Sez6Posted 3/28/2013 6:41:17 AM
Rapham0n posted...

Because you would need internet connection to download a new game, genious.

Also the ps3 have 2 different clocks to avoid cheating in things like trophies, so even if you change the date the subscription would end.
#7DarkMasterShakePosted 3/28/2013 6:44:56 AM
Yea when you download a game from + its tagged with the date your ps+ subscription ends. If that date comes and you haven't renewed they simply stop working.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#8AjescentPosted 3/28/2013 6:49:57 AM
ps+ doesn't use the internal clock to tell the date I don't think.
---
I survived the Apocalyps3 and the Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.
If my spelling or grammar sucks, it's the fault of my Vita Touchscreen.
#9Rapham0n(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:51:21 AM
Well I'm really on the fence about PS+. So my next question is: "In the end is PS+ really worth it?"
---
#10Bebop242Posted 3/28/2013 6:55:07 AM
Rapham0n posted...
Well I'm really on the fence about PS+. So my next question is: "In the end is PS+ really worth it?"

do you have a wide taste in gaming and open minded to try out games you would usually not be interested in??
do you replay games or just play once and move on?
do you have a Vita?
do you like having a massive backlog?