This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

online license question

#1shadowcat2164Posted 3/28/2013 6:26:46 AM
I am getting ready to transfer to a university out of state and ill be living in the dorms which has free wifi on campus. I know most universities and colleges use type of wifi that the vita doesn't support and I assume the ps3 doesn't either. I have a ton of digital games ive bought and if you cant connect your console to the internet in 30 days your license expire and your locked out of your games.

Is there a way to get your renewed licenses through my laptop and transfer them to my ps3 or vita that way? I don't even know if you can get private internet in the dorms and even if I can I am trying to keep my expenses to a minimum since I have 2 years left on my BS and than 3 years after that to finish my law degree.
#2theshovellerPosted 3/28/2013 6:30:28 AM
If your laptop has wifi, and you have a cable to physically connect your laptop to the ethernet, you can probably find a program to turn your laptop's wifi into a "hot spot" and all you need to do is connect your laptop via cable, connect your Vita via wifi, and you should be good.

Mind you, this is all "on paper," so I can't guarantee it'll work 100% for certain. An alternative could be connecting through your cell phone's wifi - I did that before and watched Netflix on my Vita.
---
You ever meet one of those Don Quixote types and just wonder "What the hell are they thinking?"
#3kingofall214Posted 3/28/2013 6:31:57 AM
I am almost 100% sure that 30 day thing is only for PS Mobile games. DD PS3 and Vita games do not have that restriction.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#4ShineboxerPosted 3/28/2013 6:32:09 AM
Tether your PS3 to your phone.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#5JerichoDarkstarPosted 3/28/2013 6:34:20 AM
I have a digitial Golden Abyss on my Vita and Little Big Planet 2 on my PS3. Both have been away from the internet for a month, and I haven't lost them.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#6shadowcat2164(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:39:37 AM
the last game I bought was a psp game for my vita and when I downloaded it I remember scrolling down message talking about sonys legal crap and it said something like the license expires after 30 days if it doesn't connect to the internet. I dont have ps plus I own all my digital games out right so if that's the case im gonna be frustrated.
#7shadowcat2164(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 10:39:07 AM
bump