This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so i'm listening to FF9 music...

#21Resident WeevilPosted 3/29/2013 1:00:30 AM
Tc, that song is very good... but nothing can compete with Mitsuda-san in his prime;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_nr-Tj4dtU

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSk6WbYZ5fU
---
HP/MP restored!
...but you're still hungry
#22EvolvablePosted 3/29/2013 9:14:38 AM
Seifer_us posted...
Part of it is that I've learned and grown, while the characters in those games are still as naive and bright-eyed as I used to be. There's a bit of a disconnect there.

This is very well said. I agree completely.
---
Final Fantasy Tactics...we need more RPG's with a serious tone/story/theme as it did...
#23Darth RustitoPosted 3/29/2013 9:31:28 AM
I know this feeling. Every once in a while I replay a game; Suikoden, FFIX, Xenogears (this game will always be amazing, playing through it again now actually), Wild ARMs, etcetera, just because they'll always be that awesome, and JRPGs are in a slump. Xenoblade, NNK and Persona are fantastic, yeah, but it's good to stick by what you grew up with as well.

And the Final Fantasy piano collections are a gift from god. I love learning those songs on piano (though I've only learned a few, those being Theme of Love from IV, Ahead on Our Way from V, and Coin of Fate from VI). It's another way for me to remember those games and their OSTs fondly.
---
Be safe at night--sleep with a cop.
#24GunzleaderPosted 3/29/2013 11:33:04 AM
cause imho makes the main character seem more bad ass without a voice. like persona MC. can get laid like no other with bearly saying a word just what you click on.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#25AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:21:19 PM
Bekness posted...
Do you really think it's because you've grown? I never thought of it that way. I just think RPGs aren't as good anymore. The ones I've really enjoyed this gen are few and far between (is that the right saying? >_>)

It could be a mixture of both. Getting older, the world of magic and heroes doesn't wow me like it use to when i was a child. But then at the same time, there hasn't been a game with a good story to rope me in.
#26Reginleif20Posted 3/29/2013 9:23:19 PM
AndehPandy posted...
Particularly this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf_nFdq12kw

I remember when i was 11, sitting on the floor in the living room, eyes really close to the TV, glued to FF9.

It really made me realize how much i miss RPGs. Lately i've been feeling like games just don't capture me like they use to, I even noticed that i'm starting to buy less and less games because nothing interests me. I use to be ready for the next FF or the next RPG or WHATEVER that was going to make me become someone else, throw me into a gripping story and surround me in a interesting world. I REALLY use to love RPGs.

Now i don't know if it's because i'm getting older or maybe just the quality of RPGs has gone down but i just can't find myself to sit down and play through an entire game and feel the excitement i use to get for these games.

I really envy the new generation of gamers who will experience the same feeling i use to feel when i played a new game. Now it just kinda feels like a chore...

Anyone else in this slump?

Some of my favorite games(In no particular order)

1)Legend of Mana
2) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy 8
4) Final Fantasy 9
5) Chrono Cross
6) Dark Cloud 2
7) FF Tactics
8) FFIV

Yes, out of the hundreds of FF fans here, you're the only one who feels this way
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#27BeknessPosted 3/29/2013 9:25:37 PM
AndehPandy posted...
Bekness posted...
Do you really think it's because you've grown? I never thought of it that way. I just think RPGs aren't as good anymore. The ones I've really enjoyed this gen are few and far between (is that the right saying? >_>)

It could be a mixture of both. Getting older, the world of magic and heroes doesn't wow me like it use to when i was a child. But then at the same time, there hasn't been a game with a good story to rope me in.

Oh, my post was at seifer_us.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#28SeeDSquallBMPosted 3/29/2013 9:58:15 PM
I haven't played many of the new Jrpgs of this gen but i still play a lot of old rpgs. Nothing wrong with going back the games you used to love, cause chances are you will still like them now.
#29EvolvablePosted 3/31/2013 9:38:31 AM
Here is a quick little article that I think is very relevant to the current discussion. It is well worth the read:

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2013/1207.html
---
Final Fantasy Tactics...we need more RPG's with a serious tone/story/theme as it did...