This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Black screen when loading Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

#1Shadow_PrimePosted 3/28/2013 8:33:36 PM
I rarely play my PS3 (exclusives only) and I bought this game awhile ago. I finally gave it a shot, but whenever I try to boot up this game my screen goes completely black and I can do nothing. I have Playstation Plus, so it automatically downloaded a patch but nothing has changed.

The game disk appears to be in near-perfect condition. I don't know the PS3 interface very well, anyone have any clues on how to fix this?
---
Fus...
#2BeknessPosted 3/28/2013 8:42:51 PM
I read on here a while ago there's a few bugs in that game, someone mentioned they literally can't finish it because they're stuck on a screen or something.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#3knightoffire55Posted 3/28/2013 8:44:13 PM
Shadow_Prime posted...
I rarely play my PS3 (exclusives only) and I bought this game awhile ago. I finally gave it a shot, but whenever I try to boot up this game my screen goes completely black and I can do nothing. I have Playstation Plus, so it automatically downloaded a patch but nothing has changed.

The game disk appears to be in near-perfect condition. I don't know the PS3 interface very well, anyone have any clues on how to fix this?

You're console isn't modded, is it?
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#4Shadow_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:43:04 PM
No, not at all. Every other game works fine. That game just won't load. At all.
---
Fus...
#5Captain_UraharaPosted 3/30/2013 10:53:00 PM
Could be a defective disc coding-wise. I had a buddy who ended up getting TWO bad copies of Red Dead Redemption that just never loaded.

Another possibility is that the patch could have been downloaded incorrectly and could be causing some sort of error. Try deleting the patch and booting the game up.
#6Shadow_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 8:12:35 AM
Ooh, never thought of that. I'll check into it, thanks.
---
Fus...
#7Shadow_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:30:07 AM
To follow up, it was a bad code. I took it into Gamestop and they gave me full value for it, even though I had probably bought it 8 months ago. Love those guys.
---
Fus...