This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Buy Deal of the Day

#1NGd72Posted 3/29/2013 8:22:23 AM
PS3 Tiger Woods PGA 13 for 11.99$

Is it worth it?

(Haven't played a TW game since early PS2)
#2lostnumberwarPosted 3/29/2013 8:34:04 AM
It's Golf. It's self explanatory.
It will continue to be Golf regardless of what person or year is stamped on the packaging.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.
#3NGd72(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 8:39:42 AM
lostnumberwar posted...
It will continue to be Golf regardless of what person or year is stamped on the packaging.

Except for the fact that games change. Maybe there's glitches or maybe something wonky like putting problems.
#4abuck662Posted 3/29/2013 9:25:41 AM
it was on psn a few weeks back for 10...got my copy
---
RW's LastCall2005
#5NGd72(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:34:55 AM
abuck662 posted...
it was on psn a few weeks back for 10...got my copy

Was it only for ps+?
#6lostnumberwarPosted 3/29/2013 9:39:12 AM
NGd72 posted...
lostnumberwar posted...

Except for the fact that games change. Maybe there's glitches or maybe something wonky like putting problems.

Golf with glitches is still Golf.
Not many ways to change that up except for hitting a different button or using a different stick to swing. A quick Google search shows several sites say that 12 has the exact same courses as 13.
Go buy one from 2-3 years ago for like a buck or something. Sure enough they'll probably still be Golf games and have most of the same courses. The only real difference is shinier graphics, just like most other sports games. Besides all that it's EA they have been known to just copy paste most of their sports games.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.
#7Kaiser499Posted 3/29/2013 9:53:55 AM
EA will probably shut those servers down later this year.
---
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499
#8este914Posted 3/29/2013 10:06:38 AM
Not worth it
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#9theGodPantiesPosted 3/29/2013 10:13:26 AM
Can you shoot, or at least stab the caddies ?
---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium
#10ChaoticKnucklesPosted 3/29/2013 10:35:25 AM
lostnumberwar posted...
NGd72 posted...
lostnumberwar posted...

Golf with glitches is still Golf.
Not many ways to change that up except for hitting a different button or using a different stick to swing. A quick Google search shows several sites say that 12 has the exact same courses as 13.
Go buy one from 2-3 years ago for like a buck or something. Sure enough they'll probably still be Golf games and have most of the same courses. The only real difference is shinier graphics, just like most other sports games. Besides all that it's EA they have been known to just copy paste most of their sports games.

This is actually a pretty accurate statement. You have to wait 4-5 years in between sports titles to see any significant changes. Year to year is very minor aside from graphics usually.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.