This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need an arcadey racer game for PS3

#1DesertPenguin09Posted 3/29/2013 9:20:45 AM
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Which is best? The Run is the same as Hot Pursuit but different cars and roads, while Most Wanted added some things. Idk if said things made the game better or worse. Which is the best to jump into and have fun quickly?
---
http://i.imgur.com/I696VYM.jpg
HaHaHaHa-- Wait, you're serious? Lemme laugh even harder. HAAAAA HA HA HA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA
#2AnonUnknownPosted 3/29/2013 9:22:03 AM
DesertPenguin09 posted...
The Run is the same as Hot Pursuit but different cars and roads

Not sure if serious.
#3harcoreblazerPosted 3/29/2013 9:24:34 AM
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: The Run
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Which is best? The Run is the same as Hot Pursuit but different cars and roads, while Most Wanted added some things. Idk if said things made the game better or worse. Which is the best to jump into and have fun quickly?

Get either Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit, The Run ain't worth it.
---
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't
#4DesertPenguin09(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:32:36 AM

Not sure if serious.

That's what I got from the trailers. Sure there was a story but I mean c'mon. It's Need for Speed. Story?
---
HaHaHaHa-- Wait, you're serious? Lemme laugh even harder. HAAAAA HA HA HA HAAA HAAA HAAA HAAA
#5AnonUnknownPosted 3/29/2013 9:38:52 AM

Not sure if serious.

That's what I got from the trailers. Sure there was a story but I mean c'mon. It's Need for Speed. Story?

What story in Hot Pursuit? <_<
#6DesertPenguin09(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:41:54 AM
I'm talking about The Run, how was that not obvious? The Run came after Hot Pursuit, so I'm referring to that.
---
#7SoliquidusPosted 3/29/2013 9:45:11 AM
The Run is short, but it is a blast while it lasts. It feels faster than the other two racers you listed in my opinion, and it is also a more cinematic experience.

The others are longer more engaging experiences with more to do, but if you are looking for a decent racing game with little fluff, then The Run isn't a bad choice. Especially seeing that it conveys speed better than the other two. It is pretty cheap right now
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#8neo979Posted 3/29/2013 10:07:57 AM
I only played The Run on 3DS, but I thought it was great. There are so many racing games where there is just no cohesion. They have lots of tracks, but there are just no goals, and basically the idea is just "race until you get sick of it." If racing games ever make you feel the same way, then The Run is the cure.
#9AnthonM2Posted 3/29/2013 12:04:34 PM
Get Split/Second much better.
#10regsantotomasPosted 3/29/2013 12:10:28 PM
AnthonM2 posted...
Get Split/Second much better.

Agreed. Highly under-appreciated title IMO
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego