This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So starting a replay of MGS series today

#21jubjub360Posted 3/29/2013 10:17:54 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...
Well to be honest I'm currently playing the MGS series for the first time (and doing so in release order) so I'm not going to spoil it for myself just to argue with you. But release order is always the way to go.

And still no argument nor understanding the other side of the argument. Not a way to debate.
#22Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/29/2013 10:19:21 AM
^ But imagine playing MGS1 knowing that plot twist (biggest ever in gaming imo) from the beginning of your first playthrough.

I'm sorry, MGSaga is ruined if you do that.
You'll enjoy it, but....

Don't get me wrong, regarding MGSaga, I always advice:

"1st run through MGSaga = release order
2nd run through MGSaga = chronological order
(In the 3rd run, you can use The Twin Snakes or MGS3D if you want, but not in the first two)."

But it's absolutely crucial the 1st MGSaga playthrough to be strictly release order.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#23blackwaltz3Posted 3/29/2013 10:24:02 AM
I prefer release order for MGS
---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#24jubjub360Posted 3/29/2013 10:28:07 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
^ But imagine playing MGS1 knowing that plot twist (biggest ever in gaming imo) from the beginning of your first playthrough.

I'm sorry, MGSaga is ruined if you do that.
You'll enjoy it, but....

Don't get me wrong, regarding MGSaga, I always advice:

"1st run through MGSaga = release order
2nd run through MGSaga = chronological order
(In the 3rd run, you can use The Twin Snakes or MGS3D if you want, but not in the first two)."

But it's absolutely crucial the 1st MGSaga playthrough to be strictly release order.

See I totally understand where you're coming from though. If you were to really play the MG series in proper chronological order, don't you play Solid in Metal Gear and Big Boss is the one on the radio? I'm currently in the process of going through Peace Walker. Does it actually discuss Big Boss's clones? I had to look it up but couldn't find anything about it. If it doesn't discuss it, then wouldn't the player only find that out in MGS1?
#25Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/29/2013 10:31:42 AM
Yes.
---
#26jubjub360Posted 3/29/2013 10:32:22 AM
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Yes.

You mind sending me a link in PM that shows that? I can't find anything about it.
#27A_Nonny_MoosePosted 3/29/2013 10:32:43 AM
And still no argument nor understanding the other side of the argument. Not a way to debate.

I'm not trying to debate. Release order or bust.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#28jubjub360Posted 3/29/2013 10:34:01 AM
A_Nonny_Moose posted...

I'm not trying to debate. I'm trying to be ignorant. Quit trying to ruin that for me.
#29Spiroth_KweehhPosted 3/29/2013 10:39:01 AM
jubjub360 posted...
Spiroth_Kweehh posted...
Yes.

You mind sending me a link in PM that shows that? I can't find anything about it.

I meant yes that you can only find it in MGSS1.
It's supposed to happen in the ending of MG2 (the speech). It's on MGSS1 recap of MG2.
---
#30MantisoPosted 3/29/2013 11:00:27 AM

Nobody is on your side of the argument because there's nothing to argue about. Your point seems to be that it will give people a different perspective that release order would not give. True, the WRONG perspective. It might provide some happy accidents but it will ruin other planned revelations designed by the writer. The information a player knows will no longer be in the order it was intended to be found out. You're essentially taking someone's creation and jumbling it up and making sense out of it as best you can. It's no different than watching a sequel before the original.
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev