This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Popular game series that you will never buy a game from.

#61PHEEliNUXPosted 4/3/2013 3:58:09 AM
akuma634 posted...
Blazblue is the only game listed that I never got into. It's just a bunch of weird ass people drawn anime style in a game that seems like it's absurd for the sake of it being quirky Japanese. These games always felt more like button mashers to me, I've actually beaten the game with my eyes closed. You try that in Street Fighter and you'll be lucky to win one round.

Yeah right
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#62Pharsti01Posted 4/3/2013 4:04:38 AM
Most of Nintendos games. Only exception being if its a Metroid game, if its not, then i dont care. Nowadays obviously, it was different when all i had was a Nes -_-.

Sports games, yes, theyre popular, just not my thing.

Theres stuff on that list that i wont touch, but i made the decision not to touch them after obviously trying it for myself, most of the time i actually manage to get throu a game i dont like just so i can say by the end of it "this series is crap". That excludes me from the "never".
#63Rapham0nPosted 4/3/2013 4:49:15 AM
Final Fantasy.

I just HATE turn based RPG's. That whole "let's take turns to attack while the non-attacker just stands there and watches" crap is just so lame. If I want something like that I'll go out and buy myself a chess set. Keep that BS out of my video games.
---
Thus did man become the architect of his own demise.
#64Willie_MakeitPosted 4/3/2013 5:05:39 AM
Ass Creed and Call of Doodie for obvious reasons.
---
Sig.
#65GradyHooverPosted 4/3/2013 5:07:18 AM
JoveHack posted...
Resident Evil

Resident Evil Code: Veronica X I bought used. Horrible backtracking, drawn-out door opening sequences, cutscenes that made the characters incompetent and one gotcha! after anothere. That was the last Resident Evil game I paid money for.

Wow. Didn't even try Resident Evil 4? Your loss.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#66UnderratedGamerPosted 4/3/2013 5:07:25 AM
Rapham0n posted...
Final Fantasy.

I just HATE turn based RPG's. That whole "let's take turns to attack while the non-attacker just stands there and watches" crap is just so lame. If I want something like that I'll go out and buy myself a chess set. Keep that BS out of my video games.

You're like an angry child wanting attention from your fail of an opinion.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#67GradyHooverPosted 4/3/2013 5:13:08 AM
The Elder Scrolls/Fallout (Bethesda WRPG's in general) - I played Fallout 3 but didn't really enjoy it. Don't see myself playing any more at this point.

Mortal Kombat - I'm a fan.

Metal Gear Solid - Played "The Twin Snakes" on GameCube, loved it, but I also felt like it was a perfect one-and-done experience. I wasn't really left wanting MORE of that. So I don't know if I'll ever play more or not.

Assassin's Creed - Played 1 and 2, hated 'em both. Almost finished II, even, but probably never will do so. Also played Altair's Chronicles (hated it) and Discovery (liked it!) on the DS. Unless they make another one like "Discovery," which I don't see EVER happening, I'm done with this series. Needs better... everything except graphics.

Call of Duty - Bought and played Modern Warfare, didn't like it, never lookin' back.

BlazBlue - Haven't tried these yet, don' t know if I ever will or not... not terribly interested.

Final Fantasy - I actually want to try some more of these. But when I played FFVI at age 20, I didn't like it. Of course now I'm 13 years older and wiser, so I'm hoping I can get into the franchise at some point, perhaps? Not usually a JRPG fan though... hard to say.

Kingdom Hearts - I have a friend who LOVES these, but whenever I see him playing them, they don't look fun at all. I just don't know if I'll ever care.

Dead or Alive - I owned two games from this series once! Then I sold them both when I realized I could be playing Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur or... a lot of better things. Done with it.

Ninja Gaiden - A mild fan, probably will play Razor's Edge.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#68Dorfmann_Posted 4/3/2013 5:16:36 AM
I've sworn off Bethesda after the disaster that was Skyrim on the ps3. If they ever decide to release a complete game, I might reconsider.
---
PSN - Dorfmann
#69BahamutBBobPosted 4/3/2013 5:37:54 AM
Uncharted.

Piece of **** series.

Everyone is freaking out over The Last of Us, I'm not because I hated Uncharted, and what I've seen looks too similar with more emphasis on stealth.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#70BloodyDove2vsPosted 4/3/2013 5:43:26 AM
AzurexNightmare posted...
Choose!!!! Your votes give me POWER.

Dude I would have checked almost all of those franchise.