This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Was Sony the one that killed Sega?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Was Sony the one that killed Sega?

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
3 years ago#11
VanderZoo posted...
DreamCast did have a massive library of games though, and great games. So that couldn't have been the issue, it had a way better library than the PS2 when it launched.

The problem is no one hardly bought "legit" copies. The dreamcast was so damn easy to play pirated games on...if I remember right, you could burn dreamcast games on basic cd-rs and they would play on it. Every one I knew, relatives, random dudes I talked to in school every now and again, and friends had like stacks of pirated dreamcast games instead of actual copies.

Yeah, that system was a gaming powerhouse game quality wise...just the majority went with the 5 dollars for a burned copy instead of the retail 39.99/49.99 route.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, fire emblem awakening, one piece pirate warriors, borderlands 2, rogue galaxy, fire emblem radiant dawn, dust:
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Was Sony the one that killed Sega?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived