This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait, so more save/check points in games= a bad thing?!

#31PhaseSlaethePosted 3/29/2013 9:02:39 PM
Saves, like a lot of other game elements, depend on the game's context.

If you have a game where checkpoints make sense, sure, have them. Otherwise, JUST give us a manual save system.
#32IChangedMyNamePosted 3/29/2013 9:04:28 PM(edited)
PhaseSlaethe posted...
Saves, like a lot of other game elements, depend on the game's context.

If you have a game where checkpoints make sense, sure, have them. Otherwise, JUST give us a manual save system.

At least you get this, one of the points I was making that was being overlook by that other fool.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#33Kit_SakurazukaPosted 3/29/2013 9:04:44 PM
See, I like having frequent save-points, or the ability to save anywhere because it can add challenge to the game if you use it right. I like playing at the highest difficulty, or with purposely underleveled characters, but it stops being fun if you have to spend an hour slogging back to the same point every time you die!

I'd much rather a game make encounters harder, and let you save every three steps, or repeat the same fight as many times as you want.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Tales of Graces F UNDUB, Soul Calibur V (Leixia-main), Hakuoki: DotFB.
#34Saintman32190Posted 3/29/2013 9:05:19 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
I was all for responding to you with legitimate responses.

But Excuse_Me, Your a fool. You are trolling and flaming, dodging any constructive conversation I'm attempting to make civilly with you despite your irrational and belligerent responses.

Enjoy being naÔve and shallow.

Irony at it's best.
#35Excuse_Me(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:07:19 PM(edited)
Kit_Sakurazuka posted...
See, I like having frequent save-points, or the ability to save anywhere because it can add challenge to the game if you use it right. I like playing at the highest difficulty, or with purposely underleveled characters, but it stops being fun if you have to spend an hour slogging back to the same point every time you die!

I'd much rather a game make encounters harder, and let you save every three steps, or repeat the same fight as many times as you want.

Agreed.

> that other fool.
You seem cross, my friend.