This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PSN not recognizing my credit union debit card to make purchases

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PSN not recognizing my credit union debit card to make purchases

User Info: Cranman1982

Cranman1982
3 years ago#1
Is this a known issue or am i just unlucky?

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
3 years ago#2
Cranman1982 posted...
Is this a known issue or am i just unlucky?

Debit card? I thought the PSN could only use credit cards or the cards that are linked to a debit/visa account (will be a debit card but say visa at the bottom.). As far as I know you cannot use a plain old debit card, I could be wrong as I have never tried though. Interesting if you can.
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.

User Info: kel25

kel25
3 years ago#3
I never could get my old bank card to work, despite entering in everything correctly. Never bothered after I switched banks.

I don't remember if there is an option for credit or debit but you might want to try using it as a credit card. I've noticed that is how every store takes my current debit card.
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY

User Info: Cranman1982

Cranman1982
3 years ago#4
It worked with my old bank. But i switched from them and went with credit union. So i'm just frustrated that its not working.

User Info: MrMolinaro

MrMolinaro
3 years ago#5
When I've had similar problems in the past the cause was the apt # portion of my address being slightly different on the new account. I used a piece of mail from the bank to determine how they had typed in my address and when I put the address in in the way it was typed on the mail it accepted the new card

User Info: dj___roll

dj___roll
3 years ago#6
Quote:Is this a known issue or am i just unlucky?
@Cranman1982

Is it your debit card a visa or MasterCard? If not, I believe you are out of luck.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PSN not recognizing my credit union debit card to make purchases

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived