This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you need a active connection to play ps+ free games?

#1Soldier3rdClassPosted 3/30/2013 9:02:45 AM
Just curious. Let's say I have a 1 year sub to ps+ and for some reason I lose my connection for a while. Would I still be able to play the free games I've downloaded or will there be any checks eventually that will prevent me from playing.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD
#2gillz107Posted 3/30/2013 9:03:51 AM
No. You can play the games offline.
---
I like 2 teams: The Red Sox, and whoever beats the Yankees.
#3king_maddenPosted 3/30/2013 9:26:27 AM
sounds like you want to download them and then end subscription. they do have an expiration date in the sense that they last until your sub is up. you get 3 months or 1 year they will last til that last day then you will have to go online and let it verify that you extended your sub.
#4Soldier3rdClass(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:29:24 AM
king_madden posted...
sounds like you want to download them and then end subscription. they do have an expiration date in the sense that they last until your sub is up. you get 3 months or 1 year they will last til that last day then you will have to go online and let it verify that you extended your sub.

No plans to end my sub. I just won't be able to update one of my systems for some time (vita) and wanted to know how the sub system works. Just wanted to know if there were auto checks every so often or if it just auto sets the expiration date on your downloaded item from the moment you download it.

Thanks for the answer though.
---
2500K @4.5Ghz // GTX 680 SC SLI // 8GB RAM // Extreme3 Gen3 Mobo
SteamID: SmurfyD