This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would Sony....

#1psprulz2007Posted 3/30/2013 9:04:54 AM
Add trophy support for ps1 and ps2 games if the ps4 is not BC?

Maybe the Ps4 wont be BC but they will bring a better classics section in the psn store. They have a decent amount of ps1 games and a few ps2 games now.

I don't see the point in going extra work to add trophies unless they ultimately plan on having a improved classic game section in the store.
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#2kupo1705Posted 3/30/2013 9:06:00 AM
PS1/PS2 games will obviously be available on the PS4 store.
#3psprulz2007(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:09:12 AM
kupo1705 posted...

Im not saying they wouldn't be. I just think the only reason why Sony would go about adding trophies and spending extra effort to do so is because they plan to roll out an even better classics market.

Take what the classic section looks like now but make it 10x better.
---
PSN(ps3+Vita)+GT= FeelinKorny
#4kupo1705Posted 3/30/2013 9:18:00 AM
psprulz2007 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

Im not saying they wouldn't be. I just think the only reason why Sony would go about adding trophies and spending extra effort to do so is because they plan to roll out an even better classics market.

Take what the classic section looks like now but make it 10x better.

I think they'll just keep adding games like they're doing now.
#5JoeyFNKPosted 3/30/2013 11:12:14 AM
psprulz2007 posted...

Maybe the Ps4 wont be BC but they will bring a better classics section in the psn store. They have a decent amount of ps1 games and a few ps2 games now.

I don't see the point in going extra work to add trophies unless they ultimately plan on having a improved classic game section in the store.

They didn't add trophy support to Ps1/Ps2 games.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Spec Ops: The Line, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Red Dead Redemption
#6Draconas_LyrrPosted 3/30/2013 11:20:01 AM
psprulz2007 posted...

No, but there's a possibility that they might.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#7JoeyFNKPosted 3/30/2013 3:30:10 PM
Draconas_Lyrr posted...
psprulz2007 posted...

No, but there's a possibility that they might.

We will see if they ever actually do it. They file lots of patents for things that never become reality.
---
Last 3 Games Beat: Spec Ops: The Line, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Red Dead Redemption