This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PS3 won't download patches

#1GTCzeeroPosted 3/30/2013 10:08:05 AM
Sorry, this might be a bit of a long read.

So I tried downloading the new patch for GoW: Ascension yesterday. Each time I tried to download the patch, it would get 75% of the way through before it just stopped, and after about a minute would give me an error message and exit the download.

Today I try getting the patch for Bioshock Infinite. Same thing, either the download bar would get a certain way in before stopping, or the console crashes before it even starts downloading.

Thing is, I've been able to download a bunch of stuff off PSN today, so the problem doesn't seem to lie with my internet connection.

Any ideas?
---
"If at first you don't succeed, you fail."
#2Y2JON2002Posted 3/30/2013 10:15:36 AM
This was happening to me last night! Neither the new FIFA 13 or Infamous 2 patches would download. Was worried it was just my system. Quite relieved it's not, as unintentionally harsh as it may sound! Sorry I can't offer any solutions, though I haven't checked today.
---
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add! Talk gaming with me on Twitter @Y2JONAKERFELDT
#3GTCzeero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:34:49 AM
Y2JON2002 posted...
This was happening to me last night! Neither the new FIFA 13 or Infamous 2 patches would download. Was worried it was just my system. Quite relieved it's not, as unintentionally harsh as it may sound! Sorry I can't offer any solutions, though I haven't checked today.

Actually, I also feel a bit better now, if it turns out that the problem is at Sony's end of things rather than with my console.
---
#4Y2JON2002Posted 3/31/2013 12:13:25 AM
GTCzeero posted...
Y2JON2002 posted...

Actually, I also feel a bit better now, if it turns out that the problem is at Sony's end of things rather than with my console.

Yes, it's nice knowing it's not your system! I only bought a 500 GB super slim in September to replace a bricked original system, so although mine is under warranty I was worried another one had bitten the dust!
Have you tried a game with a patch again recently? I'll be going back on later, so will boot up FIFA again and see if the update downloads this time.
---
PS3, Vita, and Xbox Live Gamertag: Y2JONAKERFELDT. Feel free to add! Talk gaming with me on Twitter @Y2JONAKERFELDT
#5CrimsonGear80Posted 3/31/2013 1:04:48 AM
turn off the media server in system settings.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#6GTCzeero(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 9:41:00 AM
Tried again this morning, still no luck, and the media settings on my PS3 are turned off. It would appear there's a few people having this issue over on the official Playstation forums too. The current theory is that the new firmware update did it.
---
#7Y2JON2002Posted 3/31/2013 11:58:46 AM
Same here again. Tried what CrimsonGear80 suggested aswell, still no luck. Hope Sony get on to it soon, all the games that are next on my list to play have mandatory patches! Can't start anything new until this is fixed :-(
---
#8dankanefanPosted 3/31/2013 12:07:04 PM
Unplug your internet connection and then play the games, at least then you can play single player
---
Sac City Gamer - http://www.saccitygamer.wordpress.com
@SacCityGamer ~ www.facebook.com/SacCityGamer
#9crazyman32Posted 3/31/2013 12:07:50 PM
Y2JON2002 posted...
Same here again. Tried what CrimsonGear80 suggested aswell, still no luck. Hope Sony get on to it soon, all the games that are next on my list to play have mandatory patches! Can't start anything new until this is fixed :-(

That is odd I've never had problems downloading patches on my PS3.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#10Y2JON2002Posted 3/31/2013 1:33:38 PM
dankanefan posted...
Unplug your internet connection and then play the games, at least then you can play single player

Yeah, I might have to resort to this. Just always worry that the patch fixes something huge & game breaking!
---