This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What happens if gamestop gives me a defective NEW game?

#1henryksfsPosted 3/30/2013 11:15:57 AM
like the disk has a scratch on it

do they replace it with a new copy?
#2CloudisthebestPosted 3/30/2013 11:20:08 AM(edited)
You learn your lesson to never buy new from GameStop. I learned that a while ago, the easy way.

Let me be more polite. You should take it back. I'd be willing to bet that they won't believe you, but they will probably exchange it for another copy of the same game.
---
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant
#3Travarkas57Posted 3/30/2013 11:19:25 AM
New product returns
Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in sellable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

We do not accept returns of:

Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
Any product(s) not in its original condition.
Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Please do not mail us product(s) that do not meet the return criteria listed above, as we do not issue refunds for non-qualifying items and cannot return the items to you.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#4jubjub360Posted 3/30/2013 11:19:40 AM
Return policy on the back of their receipt:
1. A receipt is required for all returns and exchanges.
2. Unopened new merchandise (except tablets)=full refund within 30 days of purchase
3. Opened new merchandise (including tablets)= identical exchange within 30 days of purchase (no refunds)

You fall under 1 and 3.
#5Travarkas57Posted 3/30/2013 11:24:32 AM
Not to be a jerk or anything, but stores usually have return policies on their sites. And you can also google it. :P

I don't think I've gotten a defective 'New' copy from GameStop before, but yeah - they should be able to replace it.
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#6656stoogePosted 3/30/2013 11:27:10 AM
The same thing that happens if any store sells you defective goods: you return it .

9 times out of 10 they'll do it without fuss. I did have to prove to them once that my controller was crapping out on me.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/