This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do some people enjoy reading spoilers for games?

#1keybladeXIIIPosted 3/30/2013 12:17:28 PM
And spoiling others? I've noticed recently more than ever that there are a bunch of people, especially on Gamefaqs, that love to spoil a game's ending for themselves and for others before they even play the game! It's just dumb.

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I went to the message boards to ask a question about a part I was stuck on in Bioshock Infinite (this was on release night), and I saw a topic with two sentences that basically spoiled the game for me. I also saw that there were many other topics with tons of people discussing the ending and such when the game had not even officially been out for 3 hours. If these people were real fans, why would they just spoil it and ruin the experience for themselves? I know I should stay away from the boards when a game just comes out, but I really ran into a glitch, and I didn't know at the time if it was my fault or the game's.

It's obviously just not just Bioshock Infinite; I've seen people doing it everywhere for games like DmC, The Walking Dead, etc. And I know it's common for movies and books and such, but with some of these games that highlight story, I think it's just sad. And don't even get me started on people who put spoilers on topic titles.

Yeah, I know you can talk and read about whatever the hell you want, but I don't get the point of doing it especially when most of those spoilers get leaked a few DAYS or maybe a week before the actual game comes out. You guys can't wait that long?
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#2PHEEliNUXPosted 3/30/2013 12:18:02 PM
Sometimes spoiling a game could make it even better for you
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#3Mattywright77Posted 3/30/2013 12:22:09 PM
I understand not liking spoilers in topic titles or no spoiler warnings. People who do that are killjoys.

The rest of your wall of text just sounds whiny to me. Somr people are different then you, case closed, accept it and move on.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#4SigmaHacielPosted 3/30/2013 12:32:30 PM
I'm one of the rarebreed who doesn't care about being spoilered.

Why? Because it doesn't tell me how said piece of info came to pass.

Oh, so this person is Ganon now? Well, who cares. Because I wonder HOW that came to be.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#5Mattywright77Posted 3/30/2013 12:37:29 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...

Oh, so this person is Ganon now? Well, who cares. Because I wonder HOW that came to be.

I recently read an article that showed in some cases where movies have spoilers that people who were told beforehand enjoyed them more.

I guess the thing is and bioshock is a good example you begin knowing there is a twist somewhere and become so focused on it and figuring it out you miss other things and stop enjoying it simply for the experience. I blame the sixth sense ever since then marketing media as having a twist has become epedemic.
---
#6namethatno1usesPosted 3/30/2013 12:59:30 PM
Why do some people enjoy reading spoilers for games?
Well, because And spoiling others? Oh. That? That's just the evil army of badgers doing their sneak attacks.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane
#7PangLaPosted 3/30/2013 1:05:40 PM
I hate the Internet for that. Even when searching for something on Google get you spoil because of the stupid Google prediction search.
#8Megathorn22Posted 3/30/2013 1:10:45 PM
Mattywright77 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

I recently read an article that showed in some cases where movies have spoilers that people who were told beforehand enjoyed them more.

I guess the thing is and bioshock is a good example you begin knowing there is a twist somewhere and become so focused on it and figuring it out you miss other things and stop enjoying it simply for the experience. I blame the sixth sense ever since then marketing media as having a twist has become epedemic.

Read that on Cracked.com
#9Mattywright77Posted 3/30/2013 1:14:42 PM
Megathorn22 posted...
Mattywright77 posted...
SigmaHaciel posted...

Read that on Cracked.com

Yeah, makes sense though as do a lot off articles on that site.
---