This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is a PS3 still worth getting?

#11FeiBenaresPosted 3/30/2013 5:50:47 PM
If you want PS3 games, then answer is yes.
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#12Reginleif20Posted 3/30/2013 6:25:10 PM
Chidosengan posted...
Serious question here. With the PS4 coming out, is a PS3 still worth getting? I know that the PS4 will not be BC, but with the PS4 out there in the horizon and the next Xbox soon to be announced, I'm not sure if I still want to invest in them seeing how most developers will be supporting the newer consoles now.

The other problem is money. Not sure how much the PS4 will go for, but the cheapest PS3 I have found is at $200 at Gamestop, which is a bit much for me considering the console that is about to become outdated. Not only that, I just dropped about $350+ on the Wii U, so I don't know if I really want to get a $200 old console. The reason I want to get a PS3 at this point is because it has some games I'm interested in, but it still costs alot of money.

So, I'm having a problem deciding. Should I go for a PS3 now, or should I just wait for a PS4 in hopes that it'll get some interesting titles?

That's still far in the future. I'd get a PS3 just for

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Batman: Arkham City
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#13Spartan718Posted 3/30/2013 6:36:33 PM
absolutely, there are so many great games and a lot more coming this year. Also, I think it is best not to get new hardware when it first comes out. The PS2 and PS3 had some issues at launch as well as a less than stellar launch line up.
---
PSN:Spartan_718
"The feeble tremble before opinion,the foolish defy it, the wise judge it, and the skillful direct it" ~ Jeanne Roland
#14archizzyPosted 3/30/2013 6:42:05 PM
Chidosengan posted...
Serious question here. With the PS4 coming out, is a PS3 still worth getting? I know that the PS4 will not be BC, but with the PS4 out there in the horizon and the next Xbox soon to be announced, I'm not sure if I still want to invest in them seeing how most developers will be supporting the newer consoles now.

The other problem is money. Not sure how much the PS4 will go for, but the cheapest PS3 I have found is at $200 at Gamestop, which is a bit much for me considering the console that is about to become outdated. Not only that, I just dropped about $350+ on the Wii U, so I don't know if I really want to get a $200 old console. The reason I want to get a PS3 at this point is because it has some games I'm interested in, but it still costs alot of money.

So, I'm having a problem deciding. Should I go for a PS3 now, or should I just wait for a PS4 in hopes that it'll get some interesting titles?

This is always a no brainer. You have a 6+ year library of dirt cheap games and the console at its lowest price point since launch.

The PS3 is the much better option at this point. The same can be said for the Xbox 360 versus their next console.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#15bad3ip420Posted 3/30/2013 6:43:15 PM
You effing kidding me? This is the best time to get ps3. It has a huge library with epic games costing $30 below.

I got mine just this year as i tend to wait for the console to reach more than half of its lifespan before buyinh. I've never been so satisfied with my purchase.

I wont buy the next gen consoles and wait till Virtual Reality gaming becomes the norm. LOL
---
PSN: Remall69 (Playing: Dragon's Dogma)
"MC: Gutts l Pawn: Griffith (JOIN THE BAND OF THE HAWK NOW!)