This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people care about artbooks?

#41BeknessPosted 3/30/2013 6:49:35 PM
I can't even begin to understand what you were trying to do with that one except dig yourself out of an enourmous hole you've created.

Trying to troll and doing a bad job, imo.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#42CrimsonGear80Posted 3/30/2013 6:57:08 PM
It's a collectable, just like anything else that may come with a special edition, and some people like getting them.

Or some people just like art books. i don't see the problem.
---
Glad DmC shipped a million copies and was a success. Supporting risk-takers and change is how the industry grows.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#43NicodimusPosted 3/30/2013 7:08:09 PM
ITT: Humans try to explain art to the T-800.
---
My gaming and movie room: http://imgur.com/a/IjWr1
My 8 pets: http://imgur.com/a/P9VGU
#44Raven_Cyarm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:14:15 PM
Bekness posted...
What about people who have no family? So when they die, they can't have any photos? It's like they never existed. That's just depressing.

I said family AND friends. And "like they never existed"... you do realize that there's billions of people who "never existed" to us, right? 99% of humanity will no longer exist even in thought in a thousands years, save the most important people.

So what do you spend all your money on? I'm dying to know.

The same things as everyone else. I just don't throw money into cluttering my house with things that sole purpose is looking pretty or impressing people with how much money I threw to have something with no practical application.

A definition means it is set in stone. There is no arguing on the definition of something.

You do realize that definitions change over time, right?

By the way, words have synonyms, definitions don't.

Y'know what people do when they don't have an argument? They nitpick over petty things like someone misusing a word.

Trying to troll and doing a bad job, imo.

Yet you're still posting in this topic. I know when I think someone's a troll, I keep trying to argue with them. >_>
---
You're not the official anything of any board.
No-one cares about your PC specs either.
#45Juvart24Posted 3/30/2013 7:28:45 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
The same things as everyone else. I just don't throw money into cluttering my house with things that sole purpose is looking pretty or impressing people with how much money I threw to have something with no practical application.

So you've never bought Jewelry, Ornaments, Flowers, ect? You must be a money hoarder maybe you should seek professional help?
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#46Raven_Cyarm(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 7:32:08 PM
Juvart24 posted...
So you've never bought Jewelry, Ornaments, Flowers, ect? You must be a money hoarder maybe you should seek professional help?

Except money serves a practical application and I'm hardly wealthy.

Nice try. :)
---
You're not the official anything of any board.
No-one cares about your PC specs either.
#47Still__RippinPosted 3/30/2013 7:32:52 PM
Y'know what people do when they don't have an argument? They nitpick over petty things like someone misusing a word.

You know what people do when they don't have an argument? They nipik tiny little excerpts of peoples post and don't reply to the other 99% of it.

You say you spend your money on the same things as everyone else yet you have no art, and nothing decorative at all. At least, based on what you've said would only make sense. So, do you only have 3 pairs of clothes? There is no practical reason to have more right? 1 TV? 1 Thing to sit on?

I also love how you say " I just don't throw money into cluttering my house with things that sole purpose is looking pretty or impressing people with how much money I threw to have something with no practical application". So, you assume the only reason I like art books or framing pictures is to impress people? I actually detest being around people. The only people I do interact with a old friends who know me and barely see me and even more rarely see the inside of my house. I like to have things around because I enjoy them. They remind me of good memories. Just like how you said photos of people you know give you memories. It's a simple concept really. Oh, and if you are only looking at art for 10 seconds, you're doing it wrong.
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#48BeknessPosted 3/30/2013 7:35:33 PM
This is the last thing I'm going to say.

Opinion.

Your opinion art books are worthless.

Your opinion collectibles are the same as hoarding junk.

Most people here are going to disagree with you. Very few people are minimalists.
And I find it hard to agree with "same things as everyone else", because the vast majority of the population are not minimalists.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#49doraemonllh1989Posted 3/30/2013 7:36:05 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Like, when they come as a pre-order bonus or whatever. They're just a bunch of pictures that you'll look at once and then you'll put it away somewhere, never to be looked at again. At least with game soundtracks, there's more of a chance that they'd go in your music collection to at least be listened to again at some point.

But when I see people's "dream list" for a Collector's edition of a game, an artbook is always in there...

I don't get it...

yea you dont
---
I like good games
#50Still__RippinPosted 3/30/2013 7:36:33 PM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
Juvart24 posted...

Except money serves a practical application and I'm hardly wealthy.

Nice try. :)

You seem really hellbent on only doing/using things that give off a practical application. I'm curious. What practical application is this conversation serving? Matter of fact, why is being on the PS3 board of all places practical by any means? Do you have the cheapest of everything? Because there is no practical benefit of name brands for the most part. Other than to show off of course. So, am l to assume you live in a dumpy shack, steal wifi, eat cans of beans and have one pair of clothes?
---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.