This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People that whined about QTE's in RE6 Must Really Hate Tomb Raider

#21PoorCountryPosted 3/30/2013 5:53:41 PM
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Are you just challenging my ability to explain what a double standard is?

Sure. I'd love to see how you think that is one.

The possibilities I'm looking at are that you know why I'm calling this a double-standard and have a response lined up for it (in which case, just say it), or that you're trolling.
#22mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:55:05 PM
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...

The possibilities I'm looking at are that you know why I'm calling this a double-standard and have a response lined up for it (in which case, just say it), or that you're trolling.

I have an idea of why you think it's a double standard, and I'll just tell you up front you're wrong.
#23PoorCountryPosted 3/30/2013 6:00:02 PM
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...

I have an idea of why you think it's a double standard, and I'll just tell you up front you're wrong.

Yeah, that isn't surprising. Why am I wrong?
#24mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:03:31 PM
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Yeah, that isn't surprising. Why am I wrong?

There's nothing that happens in RE6 that you shouldn't expect after RE4 and 5. Both of those had QTE's, so saying you wouldn't expect them in RE6 would make no sense.
#25PoorCountryPosted 3/30/2013 6:05:58 PM
mmpepsi posted...

There's nothing that happens in RE6 that you shouldn't expect after RE4 and 5. Both of those had QTE's, so saying you wouldn't expect them in RE6 would make no sense.

You're reviewing the game based on external circumstances. That's like saying, "X movie is bad because I watched it at midnight."
#26mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:09:00 PM
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...

You're reviewing the game based on external circumstances. That's like saying, "X movie is bad because I watched it at midnight."

No. Not at all.
#27PoorCountryPosted 3/30/2013 6:13:36 PM
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...

No. Not at all.

Good rebuttal.
#28BigSaltyDookiePosted 3/30/2013 6:25:10 PM
There's no where near as many QTE's in Tomb Raider as there are in RE6. Most of the QTE's are in the first hour or so of Tomb Raider when you're trying to escape but then they're gone most of the rest of the game besides a few here and there throughout it.
RE6 on the other hand was pretty much a QTE every few minutes, or less. Hell, it damn near felt like you had to QTE to walk in that garbage.
Comparing the two is ridiculous.
---
-Now Playing-
BioShock Infinite (PS3), Prince of Persia (PS3) Saints Row 3 (PS3), RDR: GOTY (PS3), Far Cry 3 (PS3), Left 4 Dead 2 (360 & PC)
#29mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:27:48 PM
BigSaltyDookie posted...
There's no where near as many QTE's in Tomb Raider as there are in RE6. Most of the QTE's are in the first hour or so of Tomb Raider when you're trying to escape but then they're gone most of the rest of the game besides a few here and there throughout it.
RE6 on the other hand was pretty much a QTE every few minutes, or less. Hell, it damn near felt like you had to QTE to walk in that garbage.
Comparing the two is ridiculous.

No it's not.

And that's extreme overexaggeration of QTE's in RE6.
#30NessaJ_TuNPosted 3/30/2013 7:02:28 PM
Tomb Raider doesn't really have much QTE imo.