This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People that whined about QTE's in RE6 Must Really Hate Tomb Raider

#31PistolPete777Posted 3/30/2013 8:59:51 PM
Fo_Fai posted...
PistolPete777 posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
Tomb Raider sucks overall as a game. Doubly so for a Tomb Raider game.

That's cool that you have an opinion and all, but maybe you should qualify it before you force people to hear it.

I don't have to do ****, son. There isn't some official process to voicing an opinion anyway. Not one rule or protocol. So bugger off.

Lol, "bugger off". Cute.

Maybe, segway with "what I'm about to say is unmitigated b.s. that nobody should listen to ___" Then just fill in the blank.
#32RyuuHou25Posted 3/30/2013 9:06:58 PM
If you're an hour in, then you should be well aware they more or less disappear. There's a few scenes at the beginning and the end boss of course, but in between, the only QTE you will do is when you counter attack people and smack them in the knee with your weapon.

There's ~really~ not that many QTE sequences in the whole overall game. RE6 has far FAR more.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#33ImDyinSquirtlePosted 3/30/2013 9:58:33 PM
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...
PoorCountry posted...
mmpepsi posted...

There's nothing that happens in RE6 that you shouldn't expect after RE4 and 5. Both of those had QTE's, so saying you wouldn't expect them in RE6 would make no sense.

You're reviewing the game based on external circumstances. That's like saying, "X movie is bad because I watched it at midnight."

No. Not at all.

Good rebuttal.

Good rebuttal for a good argument
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#34kingrat2314Posted 3/31/2013 2:52:50 AM
Fo_Fai posted...
PistolPete777 posted...
Fo_Fai posted...
Tomb Raider sucks overall as a game. Doubly so for a Tomb Raider game.

That's cool that you have an opinion and all, but maybe you should qualify it before you force people to hear it.

I don't have to do ****, son. There isn't some official process to voicing an opinion anyway. Not one rule or protocol. So bugger off.

Ignorant.
#35bladegash666Posted 3/31/2013 3:21:37 AM
Lol@saying the qtes go away after the first hour of TR. There are QTE throughout. It's boring and not real gameplay.

Also , RE6 handled them better because you didn't have to do every single one , unlike TR.
---
"People said, "if you don't like DmC, don't buy it or play it." Why feel blame when you did as you were asked?" - NostalgiaRules
#36sevil_yelimsPosted 3/31/2013 4:07:12 AM
QTE can be annoying. RE6 had more in its entire game though and they're not really integrated well. Poor use of button mashing and stick wiggling which do not coincide with the timed button prompts of Tomb Raider. The climbing sections in particular come to mind about annoying QTE sections in RE6. They were so bad for RE6 that the option to turn off some of them that was in the amateur setting was patched to be available for all difficulties.

And it wasn't just the QTE. There was the camera and pacing which are fine in Tomb Raider.
---
Capcom Math: 4 + 5 = 6 #RE6