This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Sony give refunds?

#1Fenix7Posted 3/31/2013 5:36:08 AM
I was just charged for something I did NOT buy :(
#2Anodyne11Posted 3/31/2013 5:40:03 AM
If you didn't buy it then you should be able to contact customer support and ask for a refund.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#3anonymous46773Posted 3/31/2013 5:43:34 AM
Usually not. In this case, just complain enough and they probably will.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4AnonUnknownPosted 3/31/2013 6:22:06 AM
They gave me refund for a DLC in the wrong language, but it was their fault. I used the same money to get the new, correct content.
#5Fenix7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 6:40:01 AM
I just wasn't sure if they had a no refunds policy or not, will contact them tomorrow. Hope they can help me out.
#6servb0tsPosted 3/31/2013 7:20:56 AM
B****ing & Complaining will usually resolve most issues with customer service lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
If PS4 Bans Used Games, It will Die Faster than PSPGO. Like ET
#7im_a_legendPosted 3/31/2013 7:26:48 AM(edited)
They refunded me when I brought The Pitt DLC for Fallout 3 which they had mislabeled and when I downloaded it, it was actually Operation: Anchorage. They gave me a full refund which I used to buy The Pitt but Operation: Anchorage was still downloaded onto my Hard Drive so I got that for free.

Shame the PS3 had to YLOD a few years later so now if I do ever want to play Operation: Anchorage again I will have to pay for it but at least I got all the trophies for it.
---
What Im about to do is as dangerous as inviting your mum round for an evening on chatroulette
#8dementedlullabyPosted 3/31/2013 7:27:38 AM
servb0ts posted...
B****ing & Complaining will usually resolve most issues with customer service lol.

I didn't even have to complain. Just told the dude I hated the new store (he unoficially agreed it sucks)and that I bought the wrong language.

Just blame it on the new store.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#9captainjeff87Posted 3/31/2013 7:34:15 AM
How can you be charged for something you didn't buy?

Don't you pretty much have to confirm the purchase in the checkout screen?
---
PSN: CaptainJeff87 (please say Gfaqs in friend request msg)
#10wake_me_420Posted 3/31/2013 7:37:57 AM(edited)
I recently bought a new 3D TV and decided to go on the PS Store and use the 3D filter to look at what games they had that worked in 3D. I downloaded a couple that worked great (MotorStorm 3D Rift, Super Star Dust). I saw another one that looked like it would be good in 3D called StarDrone or $3.99. I checked out the demo, and the options had a 3D on/of option, but it was greyed out. I figured like other games that the full version has 3D, it wasn't available on the demo to save space.

So I download the full game and there is no 3D option, no prompt asking 2D or 3D etc. I went on to their live chat to explain the situation. I was told that their end send it was 3D. I told them I was sure it wasnt. I was told they have a no refund policy, but he'd put the request through and to expect an email in a few days letting me know the status.

Right after this I found out who made the game and emailed them asking how to turn on the 3D. They told me "Unfortunately we decided not to go forward with that and are working on other projects".

I got an generic email a couple days later saying my request was denied due to their policy.At this point I went on the official PS3 forum and posted the story. Pretty much everyone agreed that generally they don't give refunds, but they should in my case as I really only bought the game because I believed it worked in 3D, as per it showing up in the Store's 3D filter when searching.

I decided I would call Sony, but put it off for a few days. At this point I got another email. This one much longer and specifically addressed to myself and detailing the issues I mentioned, not just some standard rejection letter.

I called Sony and they said it was rejected because the description didn't say it was 3D (even though the first rep I talked to said their info said it was 3D and it still shows up under their 3D filter). I explained again to him everything, including the email from the game creators. He said he would refund me the $3.99. I asked about the second email I got. He said the request was pushed back through "perhaps because of a survey" I had completed, which I hadn't.

Turned out someone on the PS3 board knew a member who worked for Sony and forwarded him the thread I created.

So yes, they will generally deny refunds. You get a reference number and you can call to appeal it. It was only $3,99, but to me it was the principle. I've spent hundreds if not over a thousand on downloads and I bought the game because I thought it was 3D because of how they had it classified. I was pretty ticked when they originally denied it though.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA