This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What this Gen showed... Activision;EA; Ubisoft

#21IChangedMyNamePosted 4/1/2013 4:22:33 AM
What it showed me is:

DLC is crap, I like it but its a double edge sword and I've experience what its like with out access to it and eventually all those extra Characters in SF and that extra story content for games like ME2 and such will be completely meaningless. Thus leaving me with an unfinished experience if I ever lose them.

Evolving a series (by many of my friends definition of the word and also in the eyes of reviewers and some board users) means making it either a FPS with RPG elements, a FPP RPG or a TPS cover based shooter with RPG elements and if its not either of those its considered outdated and flawed.

RPG's are not liked anymore. I mean lets face it, RPG's have always been an easy experience with not so great stories to tell but the amount of content made them enjoyable. now a days they are bashed for being niche and not being different by reviewers and bashed by fans for being too different and not able to stand against their predecessors.

Online play is the future, whether its a online MP game or not. Being online has become a must have for most game developers, console makers and even gamers. People are justifying it with this juvenile idea that if you can afford a game console you can afford the internet. **** that, I want to be able to turn on my systems or games and be able to experience it with out feeling like I'm missing something because I'm not connected (Xbox 360, this is towards you more particularly)
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#22Bloodmoon77Posted 4/1/2013 4:37:35 AM
I learned:
) Square can't make a good console Final Fantasy anymore.
) Capcom favorite developer this gen, besides their dlc practices I don't agree with.
) Digital distribution (only, no physical) and disc locked content is stupid.
) D3 Publisher/Namco Bandai I will never buy a game from anymore due to what they did with White Knight Chronicles 2.

Just wondering what the problem was with WKC2 o:
---
http://i.imgur.com/NLLBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/aLHV8pU.png http://i.imgur.com/JDtmILf.jpg
#23zerooo0Posted 4/1/2013 4:41:18 AM
ShinWesker posted...
zerooo0 posted...
DarknessXSeeker posted...
I'll buy whatever I want.

This. TC has no right to say who to buy from. It makes him look ignorant.

I have the right to say that because I don't want one of my favorites hobbies to die because of greedy corporations and people supporting them by buying their garbage.

No you have no right to say it. You're trying to impose your rights over mine rights which is no greater than the guy's next door's rights.

So again, continue to being ignorant. It truly shines well on you.

Also I'm gonna buy AC4 Black Flags, BF4, and whatever the next COD is just to laugh at you.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#24MrSmadSmartAlexPosted 4/1/2013 4:43:32 AM
He has the right to say it. You have the right to disagree.
#25crazyman32Posted 4/1/2013 4:45:32 AM

same here.I don't care who the game publisher/developer of a game is as long I enjoy the game. I never tell anyone what they should buy with their own money it's none of your business.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I apologize for nothing.
#26AnthonM2Posted 4/1/2013 5:04:50 AM
One thing for sure western devs can make awesome racing games like: Split/Second, MotorStorm: Apocalypse, and RalliSport Challenge.

Another western game I respect is: Mirror's Edge by Dice the same talented team who made RalliSport Challenge.

The western world is the best in the movie industry and TV shows, and Japan is the best in the game industry, can't we accept this and continue this way? the west doesn't have to be the best in everything.
#27ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 5:12:30 AM
zerooo0 posted...
ShinWesker posted...
zerooo0 posted...

This. TC has no right to say who to buy from. It makes him look ignorant.

I have the right to say that because I don't want one of my favorites hobbies to die because of greedy corporations and people supporting them by buying their garbage.

No you have no right to say it. You're trying to impose your rights over mine rights which is no greater than the guy's next door's rights.

So again, continue to being ignorant. It truly shines well on you.

Also I'm gonna buy AC4 Black Flags, BF4, and whatever the next COD is just to laugh at you.

AC4, BF4, Injustice?

I rather play well-designed games. Maybe you will get a better taste later. Wish you all the best.
---
I support Japanese developers ! Don't complain when you buy stuff from Activision,EA, Ubisoft (I learned my lesson)
#28ShinWesker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 5:13:57 AM
AnthonM2 posted...
One thing for sure western devs can make awesome racing games like: Split/Second, MotorStorm: Apocalypse, and RalliSport Challenge.

Another western game I respect is: Mirror's Edge by Dice the same talented team who made RalliSport Challenge.

The western world is the best in the movie industry and TV shows, and Japan is the best in the game industry, can't we accept this and continue this way? the west doesn't have to be the best in everything.

Movie and TV Shows? I disagree. They used to be good but now its just horrible.

Asian movies are simply better.
---
I support Japanese developers ! Don't complain when you buy stuff from Activision,EA, Ubisoft (I learned my lesson)
#29AnthonM2Posted 4/1/2013 5:21:18 AM(edited)
ShinWesker posted...
AnthonM2 posted...

Movie and TV Shows? I disagree. They used to be good but now its just horrible.

Asian movies are simply better.

Is there an Asian movie like Lord of the Rings?
#30flame030191Posted 4/1/2013 5:18:18 AM
Don't buy games from Activision or EA, but they own the two largest online FPS franchises with the most staying power out there?

Quite honestly, the only thing that changed for me from last gen to this gen was I stopped buying nearly as much from THQ as I used to, but now that is irrelevant seeing as they are gone now.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.