This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some people need to get off the ' ' Backwards Compatible Dream' ' of PS3 to PS4

#1Jx1010Posted 3/31/2013 10:55:38 AM
I hear alot of people here saying they wont get a PS3 game until they get their PS4

You gotta remember how Backwards Compatible the PS3 was supposed to be and it ended up with nothing at all..... unless it was released on PSN

Also if it is compatible, it probably will have some negative sides to it....
I think some of us learn that we should keep our OLD systems the hard way sometimes, right?
#2psicat1976Posted 3/31/2013 11:16:23 AM
But, some people who have 4 game systems, a cable box, and an old VCR already jammed into their entertainment center where hoping to move to the next generation without having to add another system or 2 to the mess.
#3PhophenomenonPosted 3/31/2013 11:20:17 AM
It's inconvenient.
---
FUAAAAARRRRKKKK!
http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/Phophenomenon
#4Alky88Posted 3/31/2013 11:22:40 AM
I still have all my old consoles around and they sure as hell don't bother me that much. Even my 1998 PS1 still works with no issues, 15 years of service and counting.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#5Killarock404Posted 3/31/2013 11:32:08 AM
BC really only appeases people who didn't have the previous system. Sure if you have a system that plays the previous system games it's convenient, but honestly taking 1 minute to switch wires and plug in your old system isn't that big of a deal.
#6TomoEK9Posted 3/31/2013 11:36:10 AM(edited)
Killarock404 posted...
BC really only appeases people who didn't have the previous system. Sure if you have a system that plays the previous system games it's convenient, but honestly taking 1 minute to switch wires and plug in your old system isn't that big of a deal.

I had a PS2 and a BC PS3. I prefer having less clutter, even if its as simple as changing some cables around, or leaving both plugged in.

I honestly don't get the concept of not asking for more of your console.
#7RafedxPosted 3/31/2013 11:37:49 AM
Alky88 posted...
I still have all my old consoles around and they sure as hell don't bother me that much. Even my 1998 PS1 still works with no issues, 15 years of service and counting.

Trying to connect them all is a pain in the *** and it looks terrible.

I had to have two rooms dedicated to gaming. I have the main floor which has the HDTV, surround sound, PS3, 360 and a Wii with Homebrew and I will be getting that new retro system (cannot remember the actual name) as it will play SNES, NES, Genesis, and GBA/GB games all while having an HDMI out and a blue tooth game pad. I have my second floor room dedicated to retro games with a tube TV, AV switch and a Coleco, Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox and GCN connected to it. Needless to say I have some work ahead of me as it looks terrible and I need to build some shelf to house all my systems and I don't even want to think about what I am going to do with my 500+ retro games.

I did make sure to get a stereo receiver with AV input on the front just in case I want to do some retro gaming on the main floor but it does get tedious. This is the main reason I wanted PS4 to be BC but whatever I can deal.

It would have been nice to have just a PS4 to play PS1,PS2 and PS3 games and the retro system, it looks the nicest and isn't such a pain to break out every old system when I feel like playing something old for 12 minuets. LOL
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#8vanished814Posted 3/31/2013 11:45:46 AM
New console goes in the living room
previous console goes into bedroom
second previous console goes into the man cave

so right now as is I have
Living room=PS3+wii
bedroom has=PS2
Man Cave=PS1,Xbox,Wii,NES,SNES,Gamecube,Dreamcast and PC+handheld storage shelves
---
PSN~Vanished814
Currently playing~ GTA IV
#9Godly_GoofPosted 3/31/2013 12:00:36 PM
I miss the BC hack for PS3 :/

Hoping we can do the same thing with PS4 and Sony doesn't dump all over it again.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.