This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And you thought Dante's redesign in DMC was bad... (Thief)

#11SigmaHacielPosted 3/31/2013 6:14:08 PM
Even Razorfist, possibly the biggest Thief fan ever, is cool with it.

And if HE is cool with it, there is no valid reason to hate it beyond your own personal issues.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#12Rob_the_NinjaPosted 3/31/2013 6:17:57 PM
Heroin addicts are the new bald 30-something white guy.
---
http://i.minus.com/iuM1yHU6JdLLN.gif
http://i.minus.com/iMtbYQLtgK0IT.gif
#13ScreamingMidgetPosted 3/31/2013 6:18:53 PM
No, I think Donte still looks dumber.
#14kel25Posted 3/31/2013 6:32:59 PM
At a quick glance I did think he was a girl. I think they made him a little too thin and, much like superheroes, the costume has features that serve no practical purpose other than to look cool.

I'm not thrilled by the design but I've seen a lot worse.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#15ATTACK__CATPosted 3/31/2013 6:33:25 PM
'Heroin addicts are the new bald 30-something white guy.'

^lol this. so much this.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#16SigmaHacielPosted 3/31/2013 6:34:08 PM
kel25 posted...
At a quick glance I did think he was a girl. I think they made him a little too thin and, much like superheroes, the costume has features that serve no practical purpose other than to look cool.

He is a thief.

Not a warrior.

Also, he isn't thin. Nor does his suit have unnecessary features. Besides the cape-ish thing.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#17kel25Posted 3/31/2013 6:51:49 PM
SigmaHaciel posted...
kel25 posted...

He is a thief.

Not a warrior.

Also, he isn't thin. Nor does his suit have unnecessary features. Besides the cape-ish thing.

He doesn't need to look like Conan the Barbarian but it would be nice if he didn't look so feminine. He almost has an hourglass figure by the looks of the first image.

As for unnecessary parts of the costume. What is with the leather corset? It has several gaps in it so it doesn't provide adequate protection. It doesn't hold any of his gear. All it would really do is restrict him and that is the last thing you want if you want to be stealthy.

Not to mention he wears a hood (I know it is common for rogue characters) but all they do is diminish your peripheral vision. It's just another part of the costume design that is there to look cool but isn't practical.

Not to mention that entire costume is black. I really hope I don't have to explain why this is a problem.
---
Sony PS4 Conference = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5SVJw4ZcJY
#18PhaseSlaethePosted 3/31/2013 6:53:52 PM
kel25 posted...

He doesn't need to look like Conan the Barbarian but it would be nice if he didn't look so feminine. He almost has an hourglass figure by the looks of the first image.

As for unnecessary parts of the costume. What is with the leather corset? It has several gaps in it so it doesn't provide adequate protection. It doesn't hold any of his gear. All it would really do is restrict him and that is the last thing you want if you want to be stealthy.

Not to mention he wears a hood (I know it is common for rogue characters) but all they do is diminish your peripheral vision. It's just another part of the costume design that is there to look cool but isn't practical.

Not to mention that entire costume is black. I really hope I don't have to explain why this is a problem.

How is he feminine at all? Do you know no male figures besides photo-shopped ones?

You mean the leather vest-thing that looks as if he fashioned it together himself in a way that wouldn't interfere with movement? Should we have slapped 10 different things onto his vest to make it look more purposeful? Cuz every good thief lets his gear flap against his body.

Wears a hood, and yet the area around his eyes is perfectly clear of obstruction.

Are you even trying to pay attention?
#19RayconPosted 3/31/2013 7:34:38 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
No, I think Donte still looks dumber.

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with that. This design is a bit overkill on the eye-shadow and has one crazy gaunt face, but to this day I can't figure out what was going on with Donte's coat, or frankly, what demographic he was supposed to appeal to.

I guess it wasn't me.
---
What happened to survival horror?
Ironically, it did not survive - TheCyborgNinja
#20Arya1Posted 3/31/2013 11:08:23 PM
still better than donte