This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ni No Kuni or Bioshock Infinite?

#241Willie_MakeitPosted 4/1/2013 9:58:24 PM
I have Ni no Kuni, but I'm gonna say Bioshock even though I never played it. I just couldn't get into Ni no Kuni for some reason.
---
Sig.
#242rumbalumbaPosted 4/1/2013 9:58:33 PM
lmao 600 people answered a person who doesn't know what to spend his gift card on. rofl.
#243deadmarvPosted 4/2/2013 12:11:41 AM
Blitzoff1987 posted...
I'm currently playing through Ni No Kuni and I love JRPG's but the game just isn't that good to begin with.

The battle system is clunky.
The AI is downright terrible. One character burns up MP on useless things in a single battle and when a character dies in a boss battle you're better off soloing the damn thing.
The soundtrack, while beautifull, only has like 15 songs.
The story is general "meh" affair.
Sidequests makes you travel all over the place doing mindless "get a piece of a heart and bring it back."
Postgame content is kinda horrible. There is one quest that makes you fight powered up versions off all the bosses. It's fased instead of giving them all at once. So you have to travel back and forth all the time.

I haven't played Bioshock Infinite so I can't comment on that one.

Thank you for your reasonable and unbiased post, be prepared to be attacked by trolls.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#244deadmarvPosted 4/2/2013 12:14:35 AM
Robobro posted...
jubjub360 posted...
*Note: the poll is on a JRPG based board and will obviously choose the JRPG thus making the results biased.

*Correction: the poll is on a FPS based board (and with FPS like CoD selling 20+ million) and will obviously choose the FPS thus making the results biased.

jubjub360 posted...
"Hurr I have no argument so I'm going to use a poll* as my retort!"

You said I was getting my ass kicked and the poll is my retort to that statement, and it proves vice versa.

jubjub360 posted...
Tell me, what have you posted about in this topic that is even factually correct that isn't based off the numbers of people's preference? You haven't played infinite so you wouldn't know anything about it and your whole mentality is its just a CoD like shooter, which helps support that argument. So tell me: what have you posted that's factual?

You want me to play the PS+ hour trial of Bioshock Infinite and then get back to you on how bored I was with playing a generic FPS full of scripted events and set pieces?

I wouldn't be surprised if Bioshock Infinite is full of garbage QTEs judging by the standards of modern video gaming.

Infinite doesn't have QTE's does that crappy pokemon clone?
---
#245Blitzoff1987Posted 4/2/2013 12:17:57 AM
deadmarv posted...
Robobro posted...
jubjub360 posted...
*Note: the poll is on a JRPG based board and will obviously choose the JRPG thus making the results biased.

*Correction: the poll is on a FPS based board (and with FPS like CoD selling 20+ million) and will obviously choose the FPS thus making the results biased.

jubjub360 posted...
"Hurr I have no argument so I'm going to use a poll* as my retort!"

You said I was getting my ass kicked and the poll is my retort to that statement, and it proves vice versa.

jubjub360 posted...
Tell me, what have you posted about in this topic that is even factually correct that isn't based off the numbers of people's preference? You haven't played infinite so you wouldn't know anything about it and your whole mentality is its just a CoD like shooter, which helps support that argument. So tell me: what have you posted that's factual?

You want me to play the PS+ hour trial of Bioshock Infinite and then get back to you on how bored I was with playing a generic FPS full of scripted events and set pieces?

I wouldn't be surprised if Bioshock Infinite is full of garbage QTEs judging by the standards of modern video gaming.

Infinite doesn't have QTE's does that crappy pokemon clone?

It doesn't
---
Everybody would love to go here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfxhK4tcF0E
#246deadmarvPosted 4/2/2013 12:25:45 AM
Thanks for answering my post without insult kind sir. There has been a lack of gentlemanly conduct from both camps, and I find your posting a breath of fresh air,
---
#247kilaudePosted 4/2/2013 1:07:32 AM
I think the poll pretty much answered it: Ni No Kuni.

/end topic
#248flintzPosted 4/2/2013 2:51:58 AM
Robobro posted...
jubjub360 posted...

*Correction: the poll is on a FPS based board (and with FPS like CoD selling 20+ million) and will obviously choose the FPS thus making the results biased. .

mmmm i like both JRPGS and FPS games, but this board isn't a FPS board at all....thats more the Xbox board, hence why i come here
---
"Hans! Look alive! Take the helm! We'll show that fishbowl thing how real men of the sea retreat!" -Captain of the Thames, Xenogears
#249este914Posted 4/2/2013 6:18:14 AM
This topic sucks
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#250Mystickay86Posted 4/2/2013 6:23:25 AM
Sighto posted...
Both games looked amazing in previews but ultimately fell short.

"Kay". I'll look somewhere else with a valid opinion. Unless you can voice why you think those two games didn't achieve success in sentences.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board