This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls is so overrated. Its a really really bad game

#1AstronomerJakePosted 3/31/2013 5:20:16 PM
First off, I own a Playstation 3 and have supported Sony for over 10 years. I really do like the ps3.

The Demon Souls/Dark Souls games have one purpose: to try and piss you off.

Its not innovative or creative or original. All games hold people's hands these days. That is a flaw on the industry, not something Dark Souls should get credit for.

I've beaten 4 bosses in Dark Souls already and stopped playing a couple months ago. I've died less than 5 times w/o any guides. So obviously, I haven't suffered like everybody else did. I stopped playing because I could tell what direction the game FORCES players into: you will die so you learn how to play.

It is a trial by error game, and when you die, and die you will, you will have 100% of the monsters respawned. Hell, even when you save the game, all monsters get respawned. This is just hilariously lazy and bad design. My sister and brother-in-law played for a couple minutes and when they died and everything they just killed respawned, they said..."eh.......you can have the controller back....this is lame."

Dark Souls is a JRPG, like Final Fantasy, which has random encounters every 5 footsteps you walk. I'm fine with this. The reason why I'm not a hypocrite and not okay with Dark Souls having instant respawns, is because Final fantasy is designed for you to face random encounters all the time, which everybody is okay with, and you usually one shot monsters in a 20 second battle.

Dark Souls, on the other hand, battles even against non bosses like skeleton warriors with shields can take upwards of 20 minutes in the starting zones, which is pretty much grueling and can be exhausting since they block so much. Dark Souls should not have instant respawns when you die or want to save your game because the game, in reality, isn't designed this way like Final Fantasy is.

I'll put it like this, you shouldn't take 2 hours killing monsters getting to a boss without saving, getting one shot by a boss and losing all your experience points, then having to spend another 2 hours killing those very same monsters in the very same spots you encountered them, all without having any checkpoints or save system because they respawn if you do.

I will never support a bad game like this, ever. I'm a borderline professional player and when I pick up games, I "get it" immediately a lot of the time. Not with this one. Dieing shouldn't be mandatory. A game needs real checkpoints, not "waste another 2 hours killing the pointless monsters fool."
#2harcoreblazerPosted 3/31/2013 5:21:15 PM
No, your topic is bad, and you should feel bad.
---
Starting a flame war is easy, the hard part is ending it.
#3SigmaHacielPosted 3/31/2013 5:21:38 PM
Here we go again. Another person who can't play games, and so has to assert the idea that it is the game's fault.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#4Orasion_SeizPosted 3/31/2013 5:23:04 PM
Souls series will separate the men from the boys.
---
The strong shall live, the weak shall perish. Survival of the fittest. - Shishio Makoto
#5Stanger5150Posted 3/31/2013 5:29:04 PM
Play Battletoads. Dark Souls will be a cake walk after you finish that one.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#6velvet_hammerPosted 3/31/2013 5:29:32 PM
lolz casualz
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#7PeteZaHutxPosted 3/31/2013 5:29:43 PM
The previous post's before me nailed it.
#8tracazoidPosted 3/31/2013 5:34:58 PM(edited)
AstronomerJake posted...
I'll put it like this, you shouldn't take 2 hours killing monsters getting to a boss without saving, getting one shot by a boss and losing all your experience points, then having to spend another 2 hours killing those very same monsters in the very same spots you encountered them, all without having any checkpoints or save system because they respawn if you do.

That's your issue there, most bonfires are very close to the bosses where you may have to fight a handful of enemies at most(5 minutes). If you're taking two hours to go anywhere you missed a bonfire or are somehow failing horribly against enemies that should fall in a handful of hits at best.

Taking down skeletons is like a 2 second job too, in fact most enemies should not take you long at all to defeat with properly upgraded gear for the part of the game you're at. Most enemies should be 2 or 3 hit kills.
#9BroDudeJaggiesPosted 3/31/2013 5:32:48 PM
boy CONFIRMED
---
U.S.A. - The only country known to have dropped nuclear devices on civilians
#10ATTACK__CATPosted 3/31/2013 5:33:26 PM
^ 20 mins on starting skeletons?

what the hell... you like 2-3 hit them with most starting weapons.

if you two hand the weapon (triangle) you break there guard in like 1-2 hits aswell rendering the shield moot.

dont complain 'oh this is bad design, this sucks' if your the one doing it wrong.

their guard also breaks if you block their attacks.

im pretty sure even the weakest starting class can 3 hit ko. and once youve blocked their hit and their guard is broken they have 0 chance to retaliate and will be dead in seconds.

you clearly massively suck. its no wonder you didnt enjoy the game.

damn lobster clawed accountants crying 'oh its too hard to 3 hit an enemy that is rendered 100% helpless just by blocking its attack... this game must suck'.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225