This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I fail to see the appeal for the Borderland games.

#21ElBorak77Posted 3/31/2013 9:03:19 PM(edited)
i tried it and took it back. it's a good game it just wasn't for me. and the gameplay wasn't like diablo at all. i love the diablo games, loot and leveling up. borderlands has those things but it's not the same.
---
PSN El_Borak_77
#22RishnixPosted 3/31/2013 9:02:31 PM
They're good games and easy to sink time into it, but that's it. I really don't think they're as great as people make them out to be. The second one was a lot better than the first in it's storytelling department, but even that was pretty weak. It did however have Handsome Jack, and he was damn amusing.
---
*Holds up sign.*
Arrrrgh! Pandas can't talk!
#23Shy420Posted 3/31/2013 9:31:52 PM
Flamer_Blue posted...
Borderlands 1 is free on PS+ right now, however before you tell me that the game was way better back then, I can say that I tried it back then too.

As a matter of fact, I bought the game when it came out. Reached all the way to lvl 45 Mordecai. Maybe it is because I mostly played it offline rather than online (because it had some issues that I disliked when playing coop online), however I found the game to be extremely repetitive.

My problem with online coop is that people hoard treasure boxes and grab everything, even if they don't need it. And the core gameplay is pretty standard too. Is just shoot, shoot and shoot.

That doesn't mean that I hate online components. I loved Rainbow Six Vegas coop. It was amazing. So, like I said before, I can't find what's so fun about the Borderland games.

Good, guess what, you don't need to see the appeal of the game and if you need to understand what people find "fun" about this game you will never understand. It doesn't appeal to you and that is quite okay. It works for me and I enjoy it very much. I like the mechanics of the game, I like the setting, I like the characters, and enjoy the story, I love the loot and creatures.

Do you feel left out because you know a lot of people like the game and you don't? I don't like Bayonetta and I know why I don't like it but I never thought to myself why do other people like the game. I don't need to know this because it will never change my mind.

It is good to know that a game you don't find fun you played to level 45 which is either a lot of grinding or you played true vault hunter mode. Either way you played a lot of a game you don't find fun.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#24ShineboxerPosted 3/31/2013 9:49:52 PM
Borderlands is Vastly superior to any JRPG.

You can't prove me wrong.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#25TheWarHorsePosted 3/31/2013 9:54:42 PM
Shineboxer posted...

If I pooped in an empty PS3 game case that too would be vastly superior to any JRPG.
The bar is pretty low when it comes to topping anything in that irrelevant sub-genre.
---
Intel Pentium II @ 150MHz | 32MB RAM (SIMMs) | 2GB HDD | ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM | CD-ROM | 56k modem | Windows ME
#26jrr18Posted 3/31/2013 10:02:46 PM
TheWarHorse posted...
Shineboxer posted...

If I pooped in an empty PS3 game case that too would be vastly superior to any JRPG.
The bar is pretty low when it comes to topping anything in that irrelevant sub-genre.

well thats like covering yourself in raw bloody meat and trying to hug a shark.
---
Victory over theTrolls are like leprechauns werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#27BJ_KillPosted 3/31/2013 10:12:29 PM
I don't see the appeal of mustard

it doesn't keep me up at night
---
PSN = Quiet024
#28shaftymcnastyPosted 3/31/2013 10:38:24 PM
I have PlayStation plus and not seeing this title under the free games...
#29Stanger5150Posted 3/31/2013 11:48:48 PM
Shineboxer posted...

There are unicorns orbiting Neptune in galactic space cruisers.

---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#30singhellotakuPosted 3/31/2013 11:52:24 PM
Its a FPS Diablo with a charming atmosphere, thats it, if you like lootfests you like it, if you don't, you wont.