This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next JRPG to Play?

#1jetfreak4Posted 3/31/2013 9:09:51 PM
So far I've finished Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Ni No Kuni, I'd give a slight edge to Ni No Kuni because 1. Many more bosses 2. Cutscenes dont involve taking a bath with your sisters 3. Monsters arent the EXACT same model but however is different colored. Anyways Im looking to dwell into another series and I was wondering which one has the best gameplay and an ok story?

Atelier Series
Disagaea 4
Tales of Graces F
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Agarest

Sigh, I missed the old PS2 eras where JRPG and RPGs in general were much more abdunant, now its dominated by Script heavy action adventure games (Tomb Raider) or shooters (Call of Duty obviously)
#2dacekidPosted 3/31/2013 9:13:15 PM
Play Tales of Graces next. Then Diseaga 4.

If you want to get White Knight Chronicles, get part 2. It comes with part 1 and is pretty cheap now.
---
Here lies the graves of gamefaq users pwn'd by dacekid. May they rest in peace: RyuuHou25
#3IamthekuzalolPosted 3/31/2013 9:14:46 PM
Tales of Grace F would probably be the best out of the list, followed by maybe Disgaea 4. I don't think it's the lack of Jrpg on the PS3, i think it's the lack of good Jrpg that is irking me.
#4theofficefan99Posted 3/31/2013 9:14:52 PM
None of those are good, but I'd say Graces F is the best one out of all of those. The rest aren't even worth your time, really.

I dunno. Just wait for E3 and Summer. Tales of Xillia, FFX/X-2 HD, KH 1.5 HD, Lightning Returns (personally not looking forward to this...), and potentially Final Fantasy Versus XIII. And Type-0 is being worked on by a translation team.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5pokemon_45_79_1Posted 3/31/2013 9:18:33 PM
So far I've finished Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory and Ni No Kuni, I'd give a slight edge to Ni No Kuni because 1. Many more bosses 2. Cutscenes dont involve taking a bath with your sisters 3. Monsters arent the EXACT same model but however is different colored. Anyways Im looking to dwell into another series and I was wondering which one has the best gameplay and an ok story?

Atelier Series
Disagaea 4
Tales of Graces F
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Agarest

Sigh, I missed the old PS2 eras where JRPG and RPGs in general were much more abdunant, now its dominated by Script heavy action adventure games (Tomb Raider) or shooters (Call of Duty obviously)

Go TOGF the game is going to take you awhile plus it has good post game content as well.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#6jetfreak4(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 9:25:36 PM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...

Atelier Series
Disagaea 4
Tales of Graces F
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Agarest

Go TOGF the game is going to take you awhile plus it has good post game content as well.

Tales looks nice and it has a better metascore out of most of them, still it's not an indication of quality but its better than going out on a whim. Now the hardest part is finding it :(
#7XenobowPosted 4/1/2013 5:52:42 AM

Atelier Series
Disagaea 4

Tales of Graces F
White Knight Chronicles
Tales of Agarest

#8TheyCallMeMrLeePosted 4/1/2013 6:41:57 AM
Just so you know as well TC...the servers for the White Knight Chronicles games are shutting down in June. If the online component of those games is a selling point for you, take that into consideration.
---
The right man, in the wrong place, can make all the difference in the world.
#9PHEEliNUXPosted 4/1/2013 6:43:11 AM
Disgaea 4 and ToGf, Atelier Totori is the best i think, I didn't play it to judge though
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#10Dreaded_FatePosted 4/1/2013 8:42:11 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
None of those are good, but I'd say Graces F is the best one out of all of those. The rest aren't even worth your time, really.

Disgaea 4 is not good. 'Kay. Go the **** away and never come back.