This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Oh my god, Hyper Dimension Neptunia has terrible English dub.

#11pokemon_45_79_1Posted 4/1/2013 12:28:26 AM
pokemon_45_79_1 posted...
Tc SO4 is okay SO3 was way better just be prepared to put some serious time into it when you play it.

are you talking about trophies or some sort of quest/mission based story??

Both.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#12Sheria_KPosted 4/1/2013 12:36:30 AM(edited)
I personally think the actress who plays Nep-Nep is fantastic. Naturally due to the type of anime it is, the acting is full of deliberately over-played/over-acted mannerisms, not as easy to pull off well as you may think.

Melissa Fahn really does her character justice.
---
Currently Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Atelier Ayesha and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.
#13izza20Posted 4/1/2013 12:59:11 AM
mogar002 posted...
Better than SO4

To be fair that has more to do with an abysmal script. The voice actors did the best they could with the material they had to work with.
#14SayoriaPosted 4/1/2013 1:04:22 AM
April fools! Good one TC!
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#15SieKensouPosted 4/1/2013 5:53:31 AM
dantejun506 posted...
Like..all of them including the new one. They sound boring and lacks personality.

And its not a weeaboo thing either, because well you know, I'm half japanese. And I usually prefer English dub.

But holy hell, this is one of those games where it better have japanese dub. Atelier ayesha had good eng dub so i was fine, but this is just bad

i wouldn't say they don't have personality or sound boring but i think it's more like they didn't really hit the target for what they were aiming to produce.... they're hitting everywhere around the target... they're close but not quite there.

Neptune herself seems nice. maybe they put more effort into getting her voice right...

but yeah... for NISA english dubs, Ayesha is exceptional.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#16badboyPosted 4/1/2013 5:55:23 AM
You expected good voice acting in a low budget title?
#17PHEEliNUXPosted 4/1/2013 5:58:12 AM
The only terrible voice in the whole series is Nisa's
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#18SieKensouPosted 4/1/2013 5:59:20 AM
badboy posted...
You expected good voice acting in a low budget title?

localization and the actual development of the game have nothing to do with each other... if the game development was 'low budget'.... why would you say the localization is low budget unless it actually is?... and how can you tell?
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#19superbowl54Posted 4/1/2013 6:42:00 AM
dantejun506 posted...
Like..all of them including the new one. They sound boring and lacks personality.

And its not a weeaboo thing either, because well you know, I'm half japanese. And I usually prefer English dub.

But holy hell, this is one of those games where it better have japanese dub. Atelier ayesha had good eng dub so i was fine, but this is just bad

umm... just no. Melissa Fahn > Rie Tanaka (Neptune's VA). Plutia is annoyingly slow in Japanese. Gear doesn't sound so young in English. Erin Fitzgerald makes a great Noire.

If anything, english voice acting is widely considered one of the series' strengths, don't be such a weeaboo.
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, ZOE HD, Valkyria Chronicles, DmC
#20toadiemanPosted 4/1/2013 6:43:28 AM
The game is terrible anyway.
---
PSN: toadieman