This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics in Bethesda games are so bad

#31ShineboxerPosted 4/1/2013 4:39:48 PM
As much I don't want to sound like a JRPG baby with colors and flowers and stuff, Skyrim was pretty impresssive in that the available world was full in the nature sense.

So saying that the worlds are empty is pure nonsense.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#32flame030191Posted 4/1/2013 4:47:54 PM
jrr18 posted...
flame030191 posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...
A lot of people will defend Bethseda to the death around here, but consider this. . . they are PC developers at heart. They have never cared about console gamers and they never will.

Now, the same people who will defend Skyrim tooth and nail are generally the same people that nitpick other games to death. Thought I'd point that out as well.

Now, my opinion, the graphics in Skyrim weren't horrible, but they could have been much better. Bethseda and their fanboys can throw all the excuses they want around, but if Bethseda is such a great developer, why couldn't they make them better even with the massive content? I love FFVII, but I admit that Square botched on the graphics horribly. That does not affect my love for the game at all, or how much I enjoy playing it. I do, however, address it truthfully.

My problem with Bethesda is they make each new game smaller than their previous without a good leap in graphics and they still run worse and worse each time they develop a new game.

Couldn't they make a game with ok graphics but run well if they were good developers?

is worth pointing out that they havent gotten smaller since the daggerfall to morowind or would I be wasting my time?

Morrowind was vastly larger in size than Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim's map is smaller, though they "make up" for it by adding a more diverse elevation level.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
The more people post on GameFaqs, the more I lose faith in humanity.
#33NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/1/2013 4:48:20 PM
A lot of people will defend Bethseda to the death around here, but consider this. . . they are PC developers at heart. They have never cared about console gamers and they never will.

They care so much for PC gaming that all their DLC arrives exclusively on consoles months before being on the PC.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#34flame030191Posted 4/1/2013 4:52:45 PM
Shineboxer posted...
stawg007 posted...
ITT: Comparing the graphics of incredibly linear, very liitle substance games to massive open world games

Smart

So Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed, and Battlefield games are incredibly linear with little substance?

Ass creed and Battlefield don't look that great.

Ass creed runs on pretty much any laptop from 5 years ago, and battlefield has never been about graphics.

Personally, I haven't seen much difference since BF2

Yeah.... Sure...
And CoD is the most realistic game in existence
---
#35enigmamjPosted 4/1/2013 5:03:42 PM
I like Bethesda and enjoy the games they make. While I thought Skyrim was a fun game and an interesting world to explore, a few things were lacking.

My main complaint is the guild guests were often too short. Bethesda relied too much on radiant quests which often involved running into a cave to beat another bandit leader at the end. The "cities" in Skyrim are super small. A couple Dragon or vampire attacks can make Skyrim feel quite empty and lifeless. Hearing people shout out their life stories when you merely run by them was kind if idiotic.
#36jrr18Posted 4/1/2013 5:32:24 PM
flame030191 posted...
jrr18 posted...
flame030191 posted...
JerichoDarkstar posted...

Now, the same people who will defend Skyrim tooth and nail are generally the same people that nitpick other games to death. Thought I'd point that out as well.

Now, my opinion, the graphics in Skyrim weren't horrible, but they could have been much better. Bethseda and their fanboys can throw all the excuses they want around, but if Bethseda is such a great developer, why couldn't they make them better even with the massive content? I love FFVII, but I admit that Square botched on the graphics horribly. That does not affect my love for the game at all, or how much I enjoy playing it. I do, however, address it truthfully.

My problem with Bethesda is they make each new game smaller than their previous without a good leap in graphics and they still run worse and worse each time they develop a new game.

Couldn't they make a game with ok graphics but run well if they were good developers?

is worth pointing out that they havent gotten smaller since the daggerfall to morowind or would I be wasting my time?

Morrowind was vastly larger in size than Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim's map is smaller, though they "make up" for it by adding a more diverse elevation level.

no morrowind had the smallest of the three but skyrim was slightly smaller

here this topic has size comparisons of all of bethesdas open world games

http://www.gamespot.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/forum/how-big-is-skyrims-map-compared-to-oblivion-morrowwind-fo3-and-fo-new-vegas-61236158/
---
Victory over the leprechaun werewolves through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#37flame030191Posted 4/1/2013 5:45:09 PM
A link to another blog of information not posted by Bethesda does not prove anything.
---
#38ATTACK__CATPosted 4/1/2013 7:19:55 PM
LOL these topics make me laugh hard.

'PS2 graphics'....

clearly you havent played ps2 in a while kid.
---
*PSN yggdrasilProject*
*Black FC 1420 6344 0225
#39ShineboxerPosted 4/1/2013 7:41:54 PM
LOL these topics make me laugh hard.

'PS2 graphics'....

clearly you havent played ps2 in a while kid.

You sure know the real McCoy, pops.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD