This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I never understood the Gamestop hate until now...

#121Dangerboy22Posted 4/3/2013 10:38:24 AM
I wanted Tomb Raider so bad. I hate renting games because I have limited playing time and it takes a long time to finish games. I figured if I buy it i would dish out $64 after tax, beat it once, and trade it in for about $20.

So $44 out of pocket. I just went ahead and rented it from redbox for a week, paid $14 total, and returned it.
---
---Why do you people try and reason with idiots like the TC? Seriously, it's like Einstein trying to explain the theory of relativity to Forest Gump.---
#122hk7111Posted 4/3/2013 10:49:44 AM
zzamaro posted...
The trade value for Tomb Raider at Best buy is $16, and black ops 2 is $17. I guess you should hate BB instead of GameStop then.

Best buy has 100% trade in bonus events like every two weeks, hell i think they have had it up for over two week now with this one, So that would be $32 which is a little over half and if you have their Gamers club unlocked card you get an Extra 10%.

CaptainLuka posted...

Go sell your crap on ebay or Amazon. Then pay for your shipping. hope the buyer doesn't dispute something stupid and wait for your money.

Speaking on Ebay alone, 1: Make the Buyer pay for shipping.
2: Require payment at checkout, So as soon as they hit "Buy it now" they're paying for the game. Also if you're just starting on Ebay Yes they hold your money for a while but after a little while they instantly give you your money after they paid.
3: Ive sold plenty of things on Ebay and never once have i had some idiot Dispute anything describe it exactly how it is and take plenty of pictures and you'll be fine.
---
Rainbow dash is best pony.
Gamertag:RAlNB0W D4SH, Psn:Hk1777, feel free to add me but tell me youre from gamefaqs or something or I won't accept
#123king_maddenPosted 4/3/2013 12:29:56 PM
hk7111 posted...
zzamaro posted...
The trade value for Tomb Raider at Best buy is $16, and black ops 2 is $17. I guess you should hate BB instead of GameStop then.

Best buy has 100% trade in bonus events like every two weeks, hell i think they have had it up for over two week now with this one, So that would be $32 which is a little over half and if you have their Gamers club unlocked card you get an Extra 10%.

CaptainLuka posted...

Go sell your crap on ebay or Amazon. Then pay for your shipping. hope the buyer doesn't dispute something stupid and wait for your money.

Speaking on Ebay alone, 1: Make the Buyer pay for shipping.k loo
2: Require payment at checkout, So as soon as they hit "Buy it now" they're paying for the game. Also if you're just starting on Ebay Yes they hold your money for a while but after a little while they instantly give you your money after they paid.
3: Ive sold plenty of things on Ebay and never once have i had some idiot Dispute anything describe it exactly how it is and take plenty of pictures and you'll be fine.

tomb raider is 30 credit at gamestop, with the potential to get to 40, with other deals. i believe you can still stack it with the 50 percent bonus, and extra 10 for 3 games.

as for ebay, for your new seller it can be a pain, yes they can get customers to pay for shipping but you still dont see that money for at least a week, so its money out of your pocket til then. and yes after a while they just put it in your account, but A. you still have to transfer from paypal that takes some days, and B you have to sell like 20 things before they do that and you have to sell on a regular or once a month or so. as for customer experiences on ebay, yes stories differ but you can look all over ebay and find people who have had terrible experiences there.
#124CaptainLukaPosted 4/3/2013 6:19:49 PM
hk7111 posted...
zzamaro posted...

CaptainLuka posted...

Speaking on Ebay alone, 1: Make the Buyer pay for shipping.

Making a buyer pay for shipping is grand, but you're more likely to sell your game when there is free shipping. People on ebay are stingy. Even if you make the buyer pay for shipping, you're still the one paying for it right away. You won't see that money back for a while.

I've never had any problems either. I'm still new, but there is always that chance of some guy being a dick. Then your money is tied up even longer.

I'm not knocking ebay. I use it from time to time. I'm just saying that people shouldn't knock GS since you're paying for a convenience. The entire process is simplified through GS. Use their deals and the cost attached to that simplification can sometimes be minimal.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#125king_maddenPosted 4/3/2013 8:13:19 PM
a game with charged shipping will sell just as well as one without it, its a common myth on ebay, a long with the whole start your bidding at 99 cent thing. that just increases your chance of ending up with less than you wanted.
#126CaptainLukaPosted 4/3/2013 8:40:22 PM
king_madden posted...
a game with charged shipping will sell just as well as one without it, its a common myth on ebay, a long with the whole start your bidding at 99 cent thing. that just increases your chance of ending up with less than you wanted.

Guess that's what I get for being new and naive with ebay.
: /
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
http://i.minus.com/ibhGOcxiSygOh.gif
#127king_maddenPosted 4/3/2013 9:17:39 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
king_madden posted...

Guess that's what I get for being new and naive with ebay.
: /

well dont get me wrong, im not saying its bad or terrible, it will get you a lot of attention, but ive found the best way is to see how much games are going for in auctions and how much they end at, and set your price about $5-$10 less than that and you will come out good every time lol.

as for free shipping, its also fine, but its just as good to go with pay for shipping,just make sure you offer a decent shipping service. I always go with priority shipping which is only about $5, and gets there in 2-3 days. a lot of people are willing to eat that extra $2-$3 since it means you will get it to them faster than most others.