This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which type of fighting games you prefer? Niche Failures or Household Names?

#11ace_spades111Posted 4/1/2013 3:25:52 PM
I stay away from Street Fighter and King of Fighters, games that require tight links of 1-3 frames are not for me. I can do them, but figuring out the timing by yourself takes forever unless you happen to just get it.

If they had a training mode feature where your character would flash when it' recovery frames were over, I'd practice with that.

But new school SF and KoF can't be won with footsies and okis alone against better players (because you have to open them up that many times more) If I gotta combo then I much rather play BB, UMvC3, P4A.

Darkstalkers Resurrection is actually great, in comparison to SSF4.

3D games have never really changed from their core. Though DOA5 has some glaring flaws
#12kirusuPosted 4/1/2013 3:28:39 PM
im going to just take this as a april fools joke like that other guy.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
my my it appears i have made an error.
#13BBOverMVCPosted 4/2/2013 9:09:55 AM
toadieman posted...
Blazblu is a failure.

No it's not, it's a household name.
#14FoolMeNeverPosted 4/2/2013 10:36:23 AM
Oh, so, you finally realized that your failed brand of trolling wouldn't work on the FG board, so you decided to come here?

For those who don't know, TC is a well know "troll" (I use the term loosely, because it's not even trolling. It's just being stupid, and making stuff up.) on the Fighting Games board and IMDB. Him and his alt try to insist Blazblue is a huge series, and is made for fans of Twilight and Victorious, and that Jin (this dude right here: http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/souter/JinKisaragi.png) is half black, half japanese.
#15GradyHooverPosted 4/2/2013 10:45:59 AM(edited)
BBOverMVC posted...
.Blazpoo is up there with MK and Tekken? HAHAHA!

BlazBlue is actually bigger than Tekken. It's been mentioned on several TV shows. It's also been parodied on SNL and Mad TV. The game has had tournaments on MTV, Nickelodeon and Fox. The series has sold over 7 million copies in just three years. Hell, there's even a movie coming out.

So yes, BlazBlue is a household name.

After searching high and low for evidence of any SNL, Mad TV, Fox or MTV references to BlazBlue, I have confirmed this is categorically not true. I guess this really was an April Fool's post....

Thanks to FoolMeNever for calling him out and identifying him as a pointless troll.

---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#16NeojianXPosted 4/2/2013 10:48:32 AM
The Con for the PSP is the most niche failure fighting games. The graphics weren't that great. But it had nice customization (My Character looked like Alicia Keys in Smokin Aces. Hoe boots and Jeet kune do).

It's the only fighting game that you could lose and still make money. It is waaaay better than that Fight Club game. It is actually fun working the crowd, win, lose or draw.

Mortal Konbat Deception ( Unchained for the PSP) was terribly underrated. Considering the Chess Kombat and Tetris-like Kombat games were both playable online also. The PSP game includes the long RPG included in the game also.

Tekken Dark Resurrection is still an amazing fighting game for a portable fighting game.

I like the Goldmember like Tekken bowling game included in it also. That is definitely Beyonce from Austin Powers Goldmember in the Bowling alley.

Funny that PSP games have bonus bundles an in game games and the console games no longer do, because they sell that stuff as DLC for console games now. Even Fighting game changes of palettes. Which unlocking that is most of the fun of playing a fighting game or brawler. It's Ridiculous!
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#17Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/2/2013 11:06:31 AM
Your concept on failures needs redefining. That is all.