This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#1XenotropixavierPosted 4/1/2013 4:45:03 PM
Remember when you were a kid and you could replay a game multiple times no problem? Just because it was fun? How come I'm hearing so many games have no replay value? From my own experience I know this isn't true. I'm replaying Anarchy Reigns right now, even though reviews said it had no replay value. Like hell! It's fun, therefore it can be played again and again. RPGs can be played again for their stories, case in point FFXIII. I thought that was a great game, with cool environments, and it has content to go back and try for. Can you really say that all these games being released you're content with playing just once during your whole life?
#2seafoamwinterPosted 4/1/2013 4:48:33 PM
I'm on my second Tomb Raider 2013 playthrough. Its my favorite game this gen.
---
Formally seafoampheonix
#3nocute_nicknamePosted 4/1/2013 4:49:34 PM
no one??
#4Grizzle1981Posted 4/1/2013 4:50:35 PM
I think people beat games in the past because they were fun, not hard. We beat hard games to see the ending so that we could prove we have skill (retelling the ending was our proof). Then games came along had optional hard bosses where beating them and having a cleared file was proof of your mastery. Now we have trophies that prove this for us. Once you get your cred ... what more do you need?
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#5Master_HapposaiPosted 4/1/2013 4:51:00 PM
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.
#6pixel378Posted 4/1/2013 4:51:11 PM
The only games I have ever come back to to play the single player or main objective of the game are:

MGS3 and 4
LBP
Oddworld
Spyro (All, great games that stood the test of time)
Gex 2
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#7archizzyPosted 4/1/2013 4:51:12 PM
I replay all my games multiple times before stowing them.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#8Xenotropixavier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 4:52:08 PM
seafoamwinter posted...
I'm on my second Tomb Raider 2013 playthrough. Its my favorite game this gen.

See, I'm about to replay that in a bit too, it was great. People are cool with replaying older games that have a good amount of length to them still to this day, but it seems that they just complain and never wanna replay anything these days. **** makes sad
#9RioichiCooperPosted 4/1/2013 4:52:10 PM
I replay games more than I buy them.
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#10M4karovPosted 4/1/2013 4:53:45 PM
Part of the reason is that ingame tutorials are too long now.