This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#11A_Nonny_MoosePosted 4/1/2013 4:54:52 PM
For me it's because when I was a kid my parents bought all my games, which meant one game had to last me 2 or 3 months. It was a choice between replaying games or not playing games at all.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#12BriankblPosted 4/1/2013 4:59:29 PM
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

Completely agree with this.

I'm 27 with a fulltime job, responsibilities, bills to pay, etc. What little time I have nowadays to play videogames I'd rather spend on new experiences instead of games I've already played.
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#13Xenotropixavier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 5:00:02 PM
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

I feel like it should be comparable to rewatching a movie or reading a book again. Why's a game any different?
#14archizzyPosted 4/1/2013 5:04:15 PM
Briankbl posted...

Completely agree with this.

I'm 27 with a fulltime job, responsibilities, bills to pay, etc. What little time I have nowadays to play videogames I'd rather spend on new experiences instead of games I've already played.

I'm 37 (well in 2 days, close enough) have a full time job often with overtime and other hobbies that take up a large portion of my time. I have way more free time as an adult than I ever had as a kid. I play a lot of RPGs for 100+ hours and still have plenty of time to replay many of my games multiple times.

It all comes down to your schedule and time management. I have more time and money than games usually. I'm often waiting on a game to come out so I have something new to play though st the moment I do have a few titles in reserve for the summer drought.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#15S1lver_Bull3tPosted 4/1/2013 5:07:27 PM
most games nowadays aren't fun enough to replay. the only exceptions i can think of are really popular multiplayer shooters, and games like Dark Souls (keep coming back to this :D)
---
"Fight and hunt as you like. Whoever's fastest gets the prey. That's the way we do it."
#16Snipersnake111Posted 4/1/2013 5:11:55 PM
I just did a complete playthrough of Batman: Arkham Asylum last week. I'm currently playing Metal Gear Solid 4 again. And I have already played through these games loads of times.

I think after I'm done with mgs4 I'm going to play Xenogears. Its been a couple of years since I played that, so I am definitely one who replays games.
---
PSN: Snipersnake111
"Our lives are in your hands and you've got butterfingers?"
#17Still__RippinPosted 4/1/2013 5:15:58 PM
archizzy posted...
I replay all my games multiple times before stowing them.

---
Oddly enough, l can't think of a sig right now. Please, feel free to suggest one for me.
#18Draconas_LyrrPosted 4/1/2013 5:17:56 PM
I never replayed games when I was younger, either. I actually play games more now (mainly because of trophies) than I did when I was younger.
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
I'll never look at an apple the same way again..
#19JonnyZPosted 4/1/2013 5:26:08 PM
I'm on my 5th playthrough of Borderlands 2...
---
PSN: ErikJon
WKC:IE ID = Jonny
#20ZignoffPosted 4/1/2013 5:33:20 PM
Mainly because most games have lazy and cheap developers who don't bother adding any fofm of content or gameplay that encourages replaying. I love replaying my games, but most games just lack any incentive to do it, very few games offer an experience worth starting fresh.

I don't think it's wrong to expect developers to stop being lazy and stop making 5 hour games with no NG+ or replay carry over, and to start making some damn effort in their games. Even if a game IS fun, once you've experienced something it's very hard to get that same feeling out of it, even if you want to.

So adding content and mechanics that encourage it, and reward the effort , time and money you spent and faith you had in the developer should be rewarded to the customer. Even more so when a game clearly has designs that encourage it, but doesn't offer replay value. (bioshock series for starters)
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/