This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#101zezmeril2345Posted 4/2/2013 5:00:26 AM
People don't replay new games like they did the old games because the new games are either too easy, or don't hold up well in subsequent replays. Games today are just not made to be replayed like the older games. Plenty of people will replay games like the final fantasy games before 13, but there's no need to replay new games since there isn't anything to find or change in the second or third playthrough.
---
All is lost in the black of silence. Those who can see can not, but the blind see all.
#102CokaineCowboy77Posted 4/2/2013 5:02:29 AM
Did TC just say she thinks Final Fantasy XIII has any form of replay value?
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#103AshleyGreene74Posted 4/2/2013 5:36:51 AM
Probably because nearly all games now days are simply not worth replaying.
#104Kane90987Posted 4/2/2013 5:40:09 AM(edited)
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Did TC just say she thinks Final Hallway XIII has any form of value?

Fixed
#105The_DOAMPosted 4/2/2013 5:40:17 AM
New games are all about flashy pretty explosions and pew pew lasers. Content and things like new game+ only exist if you buy em unlocking things used to be the way but now you buy em. They do have achievements which replaces everything that I mentioned.
Even diverging story paths have gone the way of the Dino. This generation has stripped gaming down to nothing more than a trip to the movies.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#106PresidentPandaPosted 4/2/2013 5:43:43 AM
If I didn't have such a HUGE backlog, I probably would. When I was much younger and had significantly less games, I would replay games like Super Mario RPG, Earthbound and Super Mario World multiple times.
---
"I love to sit." - Homer Simpson
#107besheldonPosted 4/2/2013 5:46:01 AM
i only replay for trophies
---
PSN - shelmoon
#108UnderratedGamerPosted 4/2/2013 5:48:29 AM
Xenotropixavier posted...
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

I feel like it should be comparable to rewatching a movie or reading a book again. Why's a game any different?

Because movies are an average of 90 minutes to progress.

Games take hours and hours to finish.

Books are in between i'd say. And it depends how large the book is and how fast of a reader you are.
---
Regardless of what anyone says, everyone in the world is an Agnostic considering what we truly know.
#109SS_MetalSonicPosted 4/2/2013 5:49:04 AM
a lot of people don't but I do.

crysis - 5x
deus ex :hr - 2x
ninja gaiden - 4x
fallout new vegas- 2x
bio shock- 2x
darksiders - 2x
gears of war - 4x
gears of war 2 - 2x
heavenly sword 2x
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#110norwishPosted 4/2/2013 5:53:00 AM
I guess it depends on how big a collection you have. Some games I hang on to and play again while waiting for something new to catch my eye. I've been playing Mass Effect (sp) and Left 4 Dead while waiting for my PS3 to come in, and Bioshock to come out.
Then again, I get attached to characters and fluid gameplay. If it works, then there's no need to replace it.
---
GT: Official Loser
PSN: OfficialLoser