This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#171Dej_Viridi16vUPosted 4/2/2013 10:41:14 AM
A lot of videogames, even good ones, haven't had any replayablity these days.
---
[FofN] Forces of Nature!
(my PSN is the same as my username)
#172MrMolinaroPosted 4/2/2013 10:42:14 AM
The sheer volume of software releases these days discourages me from replaying in the way that I did during past generations. More games that are interesting to me are released than I actually have time to play. As an adult I can spend whatever I want on software so I tend to favor new experiences.

I replay some classic games (Mario, Zelda, Chrono, Mana, Xeno, BoF, Lufia, FF, etc.) every few years but aside from Valkyria Chronicles and the Arkham games not much this generation draws me back after obtaining the platinum trophy. My gaming habits have evolved as good JRPGs became scarce on consoles and I have benefited from expanding my tases but I don't have the same urge to replay modern games that I had with older ones.
#173IronticsDragonLPosted 4/2/2013 10:47:36 AM
Around every October, I have the incredible urge to replay a ton of my video games.
---
Violence breeds Violence
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: IronticsDragonL NNID: IronticsDragonL Pawn( PS3) Melissa MH3U(IronticsDL) US Servers
#174LDNPosted 4/2/2013 10:51:01 AM
It's because of saves. I remember playing the game multiple times until I beat it, just because you could not beat it on a first time go unless you were really good and that took at least a couple of times. Trophies don't make you replay the game, but saves did it in for me...

I'm replaying all the tomb raiders and so far I'm halfway in Tomb Raider III
---
"On a Ferrari, The engine provides your music"-Enzo
#175Killingjoke_666Posted 4/2/2013 10:56:47 AM
too many games. Im going to get Deadly Premonition and play through thar, that game was awesome other than that. I got no time
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#176BMD1990Posted 4/2/2013 10:59:47 AM
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
Many of today's games are too story-driven and way too long to play them again. You often realise that there isn't much fun in the gameplay itself.

my reason.
---
This is arkham arkham This is arkham arkham
The FedEx Knight will rise
#177jjg737Posted 4/2/2013 11:01:48 AM
Dej_Viridi16vU posted...
A lot of videogames, even good ones, haven't had any replayablity these days.

This with a few exceptions, most games are only replayed for an alternate ending and a lot of times I'd rather just youtube the alternate ending rather then doing the same exact thing all over again. An exception is Skyrim, Fallout, and other rpgs.
#178mapzilla1Posted 4/2/2013 11:08:48 AM
Too many games today are about presentation over gameplay (style over substance). They look like movies and play like them. Some games today, to their credit, tell better stories than movies. But movies by themselves don't have great replay value.

I also think we need more middle ground in terms of content. More PG and PG-13 stuff. Every game today is either morbidly X-rated on one extreme or childish stuff for babies. Most people are middle ground. Games need to reflect that.
#179Xenotropixavier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:18:33 AM
Kane90987 posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Did TC just say she thinks Final Hallway XIII has any form of value?

Fixed

First of all I'm a boy. Second of all yes, in my opinion FFXIII can be played again and enjoyed
#180fiasco86Posted 4/2/2013 11:25:59 AM
There are only a few games now-a-days that I'll go back to replay (with the exception of replaying a series to be fresh for a sequel). For me, the main reasons are

1. Too many new games to play
2. I feel like I'm wasting time if I'm not getting achievements.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY