This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#191garanPosted 4/2/2013 12:23:25 PM
I replay most of my games.
#192PretypePosted 4/2/2013 12:26:21 PM
I'm grinding my way through Disgaea: Hour of Darkness right now for the third time :D About 30 hours on it so far.

I can replay RPG's no problem. There is just a lot of other games to play nowadays.
#193ReploidAXZPosted 4/2/2013 12:33:35 PM
I played Megaman so many times i'm turning blue.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#194ATG4EVRPosted 4/2/2013 12:34:38 PM
I have a theory, the best re-playable games are Sony products, the best games I have EVER played which i replayed over and over with thousands of hours total were on the Gamecube, PS2 and PS1, but I can't justify owning a PS3, or buying a PS4, so I moved to PC's. Which sadly don't get the awesome games of a PS3. I want to play uncharted, and the new FF series, but I do not want to drop money on a sony device after their online account screw ups and buggy as hell early PS3 system along with lack of back generation support.

Sony owns great game licenses from top end production and writers. Re-playable Games here.

Xbox360 had Borderlands.... (multi-platform I know)

PC has retro games worth while, Freelancer, GOG.com games
---
==on priests-I have one in my family tree...he's sill hanging there if you want to see. ~ The_Pope
#195ReploidAXZPosted 4/2/2013 12:37:03 PM
ATG4EVR posted...
I have a theory, the best re-playable games are Sony products, the best games I have EVER played which i replayed over and over with thousands of hours total were on the Gamecube, PS2 and PS1, but I can't justify owning a PS3, or buying a PS4, so I moved to PC's. Which sadly don't get the awesome games of a PS3. I want to play uncharted, and the new FF series, but I do not want to drop money on a sony device after their online account screw ups and buggy as hell early PS3 system along with lack of back generation support.

Sony owns great game licenses from top end production and writers. Re-playable Games here.

Xbox360 had Borderlands.... (multi-platform I know)

PC has retro games worth while, Freelancer, GOG.com games

What? The best replayable games are the games you like, it has no theory, no one makes better replayable games than anyone else you are just playing them because you enjoy them, that's it, no mystery.
---
R.I.P RARE.
#196DarknessXSeekerPosted 4/2/2013 12:40:29 PM
I replay my games all the time. If you are only gonna play a game once and then never play it again, you should just rent the game.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#197SchwarzseherPosted 4/2/2013 1:05:50 PM
I don't replay all the time. But games like Metal Gear Solid or good old majora's mask I'll pop in quiet often.
I can't see myself replaying games like Dragon Age(which was my biggest mistake to buy period!) or Assassins Creed 1.
#198epicpineapplePosted 4/2/2013 1:06:14 PM
I play old games a lot (as I'm broke and can't afford new games).

However, newer games try to tell more of a story instead of being replayable.

Also, with them coming out with a new COD, BF, Halo, etc, every year, this makes for less replay value. Know how sports don't resell for crap? It's going to be the same with these franchise games.

Just my thoughts.
---
epicpineapple.net
#199epicpineapplePosted 4/2/2013 1:07:54 PM
ReploidAXZ posted...
I played Megaman so many times i'm turning blue.

My dude and me tried to beat 2 the other day. Got CRUSHED at the end where you have to fight the dragon. Ugh.
---
epicpineapple.net
#200evillockePosted 4/2/2013 1:08:39 PM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
I replay games all the time. Too expensive to go out and buy a new one all the time, and I hate renting. Same thing goes for books, a lot of people read a book once and call it quits but I'll reread til the damn thing falls apart.

That actually happened to my Harry potter books 1 and 5. 1 lost the cover, and 5 split into two pieces.
---
I don't know what I want in my sig.