This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#21Brocken_JrPosted 4/1/2013 6:34:07 PM
unskippable cutscenes, nothin to do after beatin the game one time, games more focused on graphics
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTK09bY_AYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4phZ0_iDwM
#22JascoDPosted 4/1/2013 6:35:43 PM
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

Same for me.

Today, I just play MP games. I feel that I get the most value from them since it's always a new experience and I don't have to "focus" on some story etc etc.
---
Earn to Die!
#23vind3dPosted 4/1/2013 6:35:44 PM
Upon what criteria do you predicate the hypothesis that no one replays games anymore?
---
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.
#24ps3_gamer_norgePosted 4/1/2013 6:36:03 PM
For most people it's this:

Being a kid=poor, stuck with a few games and can only buy a new game on rare occasions

As you get old enough to get a job= expendable income, can buy new games whenever you want

It may not be like that for everyone, but if you enjoy playing a game more than twice if you can afford new games, then I think you are in a minority.
#25majin nemesisPosted 4/1/2013 6:36:58 PM
i still replay my games heck i started my 2nd playthough of MGR right after my first
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#26Mattywright77Posted 4/1/2013 6:40:31 PM
archizzy posted...
I replay all my games multiple times before stowing them.

This. Im on my third full run through mass effect since the trilogy released, not counting the times played 2&3 before 1 was available.

Hell I even played through heavy rain and the taxidermist enough to get all the endings.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#27BronxstaPosted 4/1/2013 6:45:27 PM
You're making a big generalization my friend
I must be in the minority. I can't care less for online multiplayer or co-op unless it's split screen or has an offline bots option, I love set pieces and scripted events, and I always replay my games. When there's chapter select, it's even better because I can just replay my favorite parts.
#28Mattywright77Posted 4/1/2013 6:48:17 PM
Bronxsta posted...
You're making a big generalization my friend
I must be in the minority. I can't care less for online multiplayer or co-op unless it's split screen or has an offline bots option, I love set pieces and scripted events, and I always replay my games. When there's chapter select, it's even better because I can just replay my favorite parts.

Love chapter select.
---
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm
#29KDogg1800Posted 4/1/2013 6:49:32 PM(edited)
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

I agree with this. I had no choice but to replay the games I had because I wasn't getting them as frequent as I am now. A backlog wouldn't even exist back in the day. TBH I only replayed games I actually loved back in the day. I'd rather replay Mega Man 2 than Uncharted 2 right now. Mega Man was actually more fun to play. While I love Uncharted 2 it's more like playing a movie and it's not the type of "movie" than I need to see over and over again.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png
#30qwertyMrJINXPosted 4/1/2013 7:35:11 PM
I've played through Nier 3 times, Saints Row 2 4 times, inFAMOUS 3 times, Dead Rising 2 more times than I bothered to count, and Metal Gear Solid 4 twice.
And that's just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. I replay plenty of my games.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros