This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How come no one replays games anymore?

User Info: Brocken_Jr

Brocken_Jr
3 years ago#21
unskippable cutscenes, nothin to do after beatin the game one time, games more focused on graphics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTK09bY_AYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4phZ0_iDwM

User Info: JascoD

JascoD
3 years ago#22
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

Same for me.

Today, I just play MP games. I feel that I get the most value from them since it's always a new experience and I don't have to "focus" on some story etc etc.
Earn to Die!

User Info: vind3d

vind3d
3 years ago#23
Upon what criteria do you predicate the hypothesis that no one replays games anymore?
My favorite app is still the Mute button on my TV's remote.

User Info: ps3_gamer_norge

ps3_gamer_norge
3 years ago#24
For most people it's this:

Being a kid=poor, stuck with a few games and can only buy a new game on rare occasions

As you get old enough to get a job= expendable income, can buy new games whenever you want

It may not be like that for everyone, but if you enjoy playing a game more than twice if you can afford new games, then I think you are in a minority.

User Info: majin nemesis

majin nemesis
3 years ago#25
i still replay my games heck i started my 2nd playthough of MGR right after my first
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage

User Info: Mattywright77

Mattywright77
3 years ago#26
archizzy posted...
I replay all my games multiple times before stowing them.

This. Im on my third full run through mass effect since the trilogy released, not counting the times played 2&3 before 1 was available.

Hell I even played through heavy rain and the taxidermist enough to get all the endings.
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm

User Info: Bronxsta

Bronxsta
3 years ago#27
You're making a big generalization my friend
I must be in the minority. I can't care less for online multiplayer or co-op unless it's split screen or has an offline bots option, I love set pieces and scripted events, and I always replay my games. When there's chapter select, it's even better because I can just replay my favorite parts.

User Info: Mattywright77

Mattywright77
3 years ago#28
Bronxsta posted...
You're making a big generalization my friend
I must be in the minority. I can't care less for online multiplayer or co-op unless it's split screen or has an offline bots option, I love set pieces and scripted events, and I always replay my games. When there's chapter select, it's even better because I can just replay my favorite parts.

Love chapter select.
Now playing : Mass Effect, Bulletstorm

User Info: KDogg1800

KDogg1800
3 years ago#29
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

I agree with this. I had no choice but to replay the games I had because I wasn't getting them as frequent as I am now. A backlog wouldn't even exist back in the day. TBH I only replayed games I actually loved back in the day. I'd rather replay Mega Man 2 than Uncharted 2 right now. Mega Man was actually more fun to play. While I love Uncharted 2 it's more like playing a movie and it's not the type of "movie" than I need to see over and over again.
http://gamercards.exophase.com/190812.png

User Info: qwertyMrJINX

qwertyMrJINX
3 years ago#30
I've played through Nier 3 times, Saints Row 2 4 times, inFAMOUS 3 times, Dead Rising 2 more times than I bothered to count, and Metal Gear Solid 4 twice.
And that's just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. I replay plenty of my games.
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. How come no one replays games anymore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived