This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#201gunner967Posted 4/2/2013 1:12:52 PM
I personally think that New Game Plus should be pretty much standard in most games nowadays. I usually play through my games twice, but more if they're full of relay value or just good/fun.

As to an answer to why people don't replay games that much, it might be because there are more and more games coming out every week, and it's much easier to get to them (especially with digital distribution) than before.
---
Is trying too hard to not try hard trying too hard?
#202SuzieJoeBobPosted 4/2/2013 1:40:38 PM
Games "back in the day" we made CORRECTLY!!! Before the PS3/XBOX 360 existed, games were made to be enjoyable, while having a reasonable difficulty. Nowadays, all that matters to the big-name companies, such as EA and Activision, is to either:

(a) remake the best-selling games with one or two more minor changes, such as CoD
(b) the game's difficulty so ridiculous that once you beat the game for the first time, you will never do it again, or
(c) make a passable story/campaign mode that exists just because it is expected, then focus ALL efforts on making the multiplayer-mode the only worthwhile feature (or in the case of the new SimCity, the only feature!!!)
---
XBL Gamertag: SuzieJoeBob
3DS Friend Code: 2621-2606-7903
#203SuzieJoeBobPosted 4/2/2013 1:43:52 PM
M4karov posted...
Part of the reason is that ingame tutorials are too long now.

If the game is not the first in the series, at least give people an option to skip the tutorials. Also, game devs need to stop purposely attaching achievements/trophies that force the "achievement hunters" to do the stupid tutorials.
---
XBL Gamertag: SuzieJoeBob
3DS Friend Code: 2621-2606-7903
#204Absolutezero93Posted 4/2/2013 1:54:05 PM
The only game I've replayed this gen on ps3 was metal gear solid 4. Most games (at least most PS3 games) aren't worth replaying.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#205sketchturnerPosted 4/2/2013 2:04:05 PM
I replay games like crazy, but only my favorites. I sell games that I have no intention of replaying, so my collection only consists of my absolute favorite games that I will come back to for years to come.
---
Now Playing:Body Harvest, Donkey Kong 64, Jet Force Gemini, Mischief Makers, Syphon Filter
#206SantaeidPosted 4/2/2013 2:04:31 PM
I never replayed games. The games get all deja vu like and I don't want to bother when I know all the story and set pieces. I have to wait a few years before I will replay it. Only games I have replayed was Nier (well I guess it doe snot count since you only have to replay the second half but still) and FFIX (that was a couple fo years ago.
---
Intel Core i7 3770, 120 GB Mushikin SSD, 1 TB WD HDD, Nvidia GTX 680, Dual Monitor, CM Storm Trooper Case, Asus P8Z77 Mobo
#207RobobroPosted 4/2/2013 2:10:02 PM
Modern video games that try to be movies lose their replay value since they focus more on story, set pieces, QTEs, linearity, etc. That really kills a game for me. The reason why Nintendo make games with the most replay value is because Nintendo are all about making games, first and foremost, and not some casual game for casuals like Tomb Raider 2013, Bioshock Infinite, DmC, etc.
#208MaximoomPosted 4/2/2013 2:20:58 PM(edited)
Occasionally i replay some psx games like chrono cross and FF8 or my DS games (pokemon mainly).

I dont consider "replaying" GTA games, because i dont do any mission, i just get 6 stars wanted level and try to survive as long as possible.

MMOs dont count i guess.

SuzieJoeBob posted...
Games "back in the day" we made CORRECTLY!!! Before the PS3/XBOX 360 existed, games were made to be enjoyable, while having a reasonable difficulty. Nowadays, all that matters to the big-name companies, such as EA and Activision, is to either:

(a) remake the best-selling games with one or two more minor changes, such as CoD
(b) the game's difficulty so ridiculous that once you beat the game for the first time, you will never do it again, or
(c) make a passable story/campaign mode that exists just because it is expected, then focus ALL efforts on making the multiplayer-mode the only worthwhile feature (or in the case of the new SimCity, the only feature!!!)

also this.
#209The_Mighty_KELPPosted 4/2/2013 2:30:17 PM
How come people make topics with titles that are based on wild assumptions?
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#210PlanescapedPosted 4/2/2013 2:46:51 PM
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

This is it really.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes