This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#31VIIVincentPosted 4/1/2013 7:43:25 PM
i replay every game i own. those dont get played are when they are a pain or even pointless to even play anymore.

Dante's Inferno - 2 weapons is all this game gives you. wth.
Shinobi PS2 - this game can go die ten times over.
---
The end is nigh! *continues playing game*
#32PhaseSlaethePosted 4/1/2013 7:44:48 PM
I replay games almost weekly.

At least twice a month I go through BFM, SoTN, SO2, etc.

I've done Sleeping Dogs 4 times in full.

I've done Yakuza 3 a few times in full. I do NieR every so often.
#33regsantotomasPosted 4/1/2013 7:45:47 PM
Some games I play a few times and at times, don't even complete the campaign.

Other games I play several times over.

There is no hard and fast rule. I play what I think will be fun for me at that particular time
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#34ShineboxerPosted 4/1/2013 7:47:58 PM
I have a short attention span for games.

I couldn't be bothered to play a games more than once.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti SLI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#35MightyAimetti87Posted 4/1/2013 7:53:09 PM
working 45-60 hours a week being married and having 2 children really limits your time

if a game isnt absolutely amazing (to me) im lucky if i beat it once. playing video games 1-2 hours a night its much less than the 5 hours i had after my homework was done when i was a kid, not to mention many weekends spent.
---
You do not have permission to "fix'd" this post.
Plz recommend me a (fiction) book that makes you think about it after finishing
#36zerooo0Posted 4/1/2013 8:00:05 PM
Probably because most gamers are too focused now to make sure they get their $60 worth on their first playthrough, and not going back to replay it again to fully enjoy the experience.

I've been guilty of this, but I wont anymore. I'm playing through Bioshock Infinite, and it's truly so far one of my most favorite games this gen. One of the few games that I've played in a long time that I'm gonna go back and do a second playthrough.

I think the last game I've done a second playthrough was MW2. I think I've beaten the campaign of that about 10-12X. Still love it to this day.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Cyborg.
#37kuterPosted 4/1/2013 8:01:05 PM
Some games just have no replay value or are just plain boring beyond beating them.
#38Seifer_usPosted 4/1/2013 8:02:00 PM
Someone else said it, but most of the games that have come out in recent years lack a certain something that keeps me coming back for more.

The one game I always tend to come back to is Spelunker HD. The Japanese version always has active players, and the multiplayer is fun enough that it always keeps me coming back for more.

Metal Gear Rising is pretty decent too. I've gone back to it quite a bit recently depite getting all the trophies already. I guess I just need a bit of a challenge to keep me invested these days.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#39PHEEliNUXPosted 4/1/2013 8:04:06 PM
I replayed Tales of Symphonia like 6 times and DotNW like 8 times

Now, The only games i replay are the project Touhou shmups, Some JRPGs too but i usually don't so that it doesn't lose it's taste like the Tales series
---
PSN:PHEEliNUX
"Lesser Demon is less than a Demon, But more than an Imp"
#40ab2c4Posted 4/1/2013 8:06:15 PM
The great majority I don't replay because I just don't enjoy them enough. The games that I do enjoy a lot I will play over and over again, but they are the minority of games.