This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#41Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 4/1/2013 8:10:41 PM
After years of growing up mostly poor and having only a few games to replay until a b-day or holiday came I relish every new game I can get my hands on and story I can playthrough. That said I have replayed more this gen than other except the 8Bit/16bit days. Demon's Souls I actually lost count of how many times I beat. Dark Souls I'm on the 6th playthrough and I have the PC version as well working on a first playthrough. MGS4 I beat over 11 times.
#42AsuirPosted 4/1/2013 9:02:49 PM
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

---
Ftw!
#43ace_spades111Posted 4/1/2013 9:07:06 PM
games are that are usually worth replaying are short but good quality. Like DMC3 and Bayonetta. I'll gladly give 10 hours into a replay, not that long.

Longer games like RPGs require 40 hours+, I rather play a new game with that time.I'll replay a a favorite RPG when I get a hankerin, God knows how many times chrono trigger, but that's like an annual thing minus some years where I don't...
#44Travarkas57Posted 4/1/2013 9:10:03 PM
archizzy posted...
I replay all my games multiple times before stowing them.

^ Pretty much this.
---
T r a v a r k a s 5 7 was here!
Happy Gaming!
#45LinkinLawgPosted 4/1/2013 9:27:02 PM
Sometimes when I have a big backlog to get through, I want to finish my other games first. If a game interested me enough, I'll go back to it when I finish all the games in my backlog.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#46idrc82Posted 4/1/2013 9:29:51 PM
Because a lot of games are like movies now. Yes there are plenty great movies but you dont rush to watch it again as soon as you finish it.
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176
Psn/wii u id: xGambloRx
#47SightoPosted 4/1/2013 9:47:18 PM
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

This. Many gamers on these forums are busy poorly role-playing adults.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#48Darthvoorhees13Posted 4/1/2013 10:00:36 PM(edited)
I've played through Metal Gear Solid 4 at least seven times. 5 before the trophy patch, and 2 times after, going on the third. It seems to be the ONLY modern game I've played so much.

I've also played Metal Gear Solid 3 many times, starting from the original (at least 3) to Subsistence (also 3), to the HD collection. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is also played a lot, not sure if it counts.

The only other game I have played as much is Half-Life and Half-Life 2. Not sure if they count because of replaying certain chapters. Although I have played from the beginning to end several times too.

---
"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?"
- Dr. Gregory House (House, M.D)
#49indie_animatorPosted 4/1/2013 10:01:01 PM
My brother & I are replaying a lot of our PS3 games since the YLOD back around Christmas... :(

Castle Crashers is fun to replay a lot if you like to try unlocking & winning w/all the characters. We're down to the last two outside of Insane-unlocked ones. :)
---
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. (James 1:4)
#50Captain_Sexy_TPosted 4/1/2013 10:10:55 PM
I replay games all the time. Too expensive to go out and buy a new one all the time, and I hate renting. Same thing goes for books, a lot of people read a book once and call it quits but I'll reread til the damn thing falls apart.
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi --------- Origin: Cpt_Mustache
Youtube.com/AngryJT