This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#51BlinkWinkelPosted 4/1/2013 9:13:37 PM
What are you talking about? Games are a lot more fun to replay now because of trophies.
---
PSN: http://psnprofiles.com/BlinkWinkel
My Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/BlinkWinkel
#52SandOnMyBootPosted 4/1/2013 9:14:55 PM
I noticed back during the PS1 era that if a game didn't have endgame bonuses (like New Game + or whatever) then reviewers would slam it for having no replay value, which is ridiculous. You don't see movie critics complaining about lack of rewatch value when a movie doesn't have an alternate ending or something. I don't know about them, but I enjoy replaying fun games. If I only played every game once, then I'd only rent games and never buy them. Even when replaying a linear game I'd notice new things about it, just like I'd notice new things when rewatching a movie. I'll still replay good 40+ hour long RPGs if the gameplay is decent and the story is good. I've replayed The Legend of Dragoon and FF9 more times than I can remember.
#53Chosen_one_41Posted 4/1/2013 9:16:20 PM
I still replay old games. Just the other day I was playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and recently I was playing Perfect Dark. I generally won't replay through a new game that I beat but I will occasionally go back and replay an old game. If you haven't played through a game for awhile when you go back to it, it can feel somewhat new again. And that my friends is why I don't sell my games.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#54boredofyouPosted 4/1/2013 9:16:32 PM
Where did you get the impression that no one replays games!?

90% of the regulars on this board don't trade in or sell off anything they purchase.. Specifically because they want to have the ability to revisit the games they've played.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#55MMaestroPosted 4/1/2013 9:17:06 PM
Because (excluding multiplayer) most games don't have replay value. Cranking up the difficulty for extra hard hitting/damage soaking enemies is not replay value. Nor is a slightly modified cutscene at the end worth the time and effort when theres Youtube. (Who here beat EVERY God of War game on the hardest difficulty to see the secret endings?)
#56BlueEye0Posted 4/1/2013 9:20:28 PM
On my 4th replay of Pokémon White, plan on playing trough the Mass Effect trilogy several times, played trough Skyrim twice and probably will again in the future, will play FFXIII again one day for sure. And that's just current gen.
Over the past say two years I've played Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 twice each, every gen of Pokémon I don't even know how many times, recently played trough the Ratchet and Clank trilogy (Along with Gladiator/Deadlocked), playing trough the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series again in preparation for when I get my 3DS and the newest Mystery Dungeon.
I'm a poor dude so I replay my games a lot and it's always fun. I'm sure lots of other people do too but with so many new games coming out every month and every year it's hard to make time for the older ones sometimes.
#57SpaceOddity87Posted 4/1/2013 10:22:17 PM
I replay games all the time. Just went through Vice City again, for instance. Also Mega Man X, Shadow of the Colossus, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy Tactics, granted different versions than I originally played, but still essentially the same games.
#58Xenotropixavier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 10:25:51 PM
boredofyou posted...
Where did you get the impression that no one replays games!?

90% of the regulars on this board don't trade in or sell off anything they purchase.. Specifically because they want to have the ability to revisit the games they've played.

I read these boards all the time and I just see lots of recent games get slammed for "not having replay value" take Tomb Raider for instance. I played it on normal and collected everything and I don't feel like I'd just shelve the game and forget about it. It'll be played again despite me doing everything in it.

All of these people who do replay games make me happy though. I didn't expect such a positive outcome. Or so much MGS4 love
#59Bancario51Posted 4/1/2013 10:42:18 PM
well I have to say I don't do new game + anymore. because games that have it its not worth replaying anyways.
---
What is the meaning of life? A: Nanomachines, son
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#60thisranksPosted 4/1/2013 10:43:19 PM
I also replay games. For example, i replayed Dragon Age: Origins, Ar tonelico Qoga, and Unreal Tournament 3 after receiving all the trophies simply for the fact that they were brilliant games and deserved to be replayed.

Ar tonelico Qoga had multiple endings, too, so i replayed it over from the beginning 10 times just to re-watch all the ending i enjoyed.

No one is an incredible stretch to assume in any case. We all have our own ways of respecting the games we love. Replaying them is a way to show that for those of us who do.

I'd say i appreciate you making the assumption for those of us who do but your ignorance in making the assumption proves you deserve to be pitied instead TC.
---
She blinded me with region ....
Yuki Nagato, Mafuyu Oribe, Kurumu Korono, and Himari Noihara FTW