This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come no one replays games anymore?

#71NaturalCalamityPosted 4/1/2013 11:53:53 PM
Currently on my 2nd playthrough of FF13 after playing it during launch. I platinum'd it the first time in about 90 hours and so I'm trying to do it again now. I have to say, it's much more fun playing it this time around now.

The only other game that I've played twice or more is MGS4.
---
All Mighty Sovereignty
#72nova_pilotPosted 4/1/2013 11:59:57 PM
No one has time any more. Between work/school/etc. and the fact that AAA games get released by the dozen. There are so many games I want to replay, but simply have not the time to.
#73vedoris86Posted 4/2/2013 12:09:16 AM
Master_Happosai posted...
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

^this x1000

simply don't have the time to replay games anymore, even though i'd like to do some new game plus stuff, also have a back catalog of 10-15 games i have not even played yet, and dont see the time to do it anytime soon :( breaks my heart lol
#74Kage_AM2Posted 4/2/2013 12:12:57 AM
I replay RPGs every few years or so. But the thing with most story based games like that is that once you beat it there's not a whole to discover or do anymore. You can play on the higher difficulties or try to unlock new things but you're really just doing the same things over and over again with boring AI. That's why I like fighting games. Almost infinite replay value and every match is different if you're playing with other humans.
#75denleendekoPosted 4/2/2013 12:16:16 AM
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities. I feel like i am wasting my time if i replay a game again.
When i was a kid i was always bored and didn't have the resources to buy new games so i replayed the games i had.

Wise and true words from the master
---
They're turning kids into slaves just to make cheaper sneakers.
But whats the real cost?Cause the sneakers dont seem that much cheaper.
#76SmallSatsumaPosted 4/2/2013 12:32:04 AM
Not many games are worth replaying. There's only been a handful released this generation where I've made an effort to get Platinum.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbqs1bbyH41qh6r18o1_500.gif
#77mjc0961Posted 4/2/2013 12:34:18 AM
It's probably because i am an adult with a job and other responsibilities.

---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#78AugustDreamingPosted 4/2/2013 1:02:47 AM
I do?
---
White 2 FC ( Belle ) - 0562 6193 3719
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#79PG50Posted 4/2/2013 1:37:04 AM
I replay games all the time if they're fun. It's not wasted time if I enjoy myself. I'm not being held back by only playing a couple different genres, and thus having limited options, nor am I being held back by money. If there was a steady stream of games I'm interested in, I may not replay much, but that never happens. There will always be months in between things I may want, and so I go back and play the games I really enjoyed previously to pass that time. Sometimes there is something I'm interested in, but I save my money and play other things until I can pick it up on sale, and sometimes I never get around to buying those until the next generation.

Video games are like movies to me; just because I know what's going to happen, doesn't mean I can't enjoy it again. That and there are some that are only really enjoyable once, just like Video games.
#80HostileFirePosted 4/2/2013 1:41:30 AM
Even as a kid I hated playing games over and over. It's probably one of the reasons why I longed for 100+ hr JRPGs and loved multiplayer (on- and offline). With the amount of very good to great games these days I don't know why I would lament games not having much replay value when I can just pick up the next and keep looking for better experiences.
---
http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire | Steam ID: HostileFire
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HostileFire/stats/188642465/ps3/