This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting the disc out of the box without snapping it voted scariest Gaming moment

#21656stoogePosted 4/2/2013 2:36:15 PM
Anyone tried getting the earlier Aqua Teen Hunger Force discs out? My friends and I tried for 20 minutes to get it out once. I had to return it because it wouldn't budge.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#22Killingjoke_666Posted 4/2/2013 2:39:22 PM
do people have Hulk like hands?
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#23norwishPosted 4/2/2013 2:41:26 PM
Mass Effect 3 N7 edition. :(
I ended up filing off the little prongs, and even then felt it was too "grippy" so i actually cut off part of the plastic.
---
GT: Official Loser
PSN: OfficialLoser
#24656stoogePosted 4/2/2013 2:45:09 PM
norwish posted...
I ended up filing off the little prongs, and even then felt it was too "grippy" so i actually cut off part of the plastic.

Is that the type of case where the disc sits flush on the plastic, and instead of being held in place by the center, it's held secure by little plastic prongs around the edge?
---
#25hk7111Posted 4/2/2013 2:50:32 PM
crazyman32 posted...
PHEEliNUX posted...
BeefEaster posted...
what?

you push the center and the disc pops out

you can literally do it with one finger

this is obviously an april fools joke

Yes joke article no doubt.

It better be a joke article.
---
Rainbow dash is best pony.
Gamertag:RAlNB0W D4SH, Psn:Hk1777, feel free to add me but tell me youre from gamefaqs or something or I won't accept
#26norwishPosted 4/2/2013 2:51:05 PM
656stooge posted...
norwish posted...

Is that the type of case where the disc sits flush on the plastic, and instead of being held in place by the center, it's held secure by little plastic prongs around the edge?

No, it's your standard steelbook 2-disc case. I have no idea why, but EVERYONE had issues with this. I remember the ME boards were flooded with people panicking about getting their disc out.
---
GT: Official Loser
PSN: OfficialLoser
#27Killah PriestPosted 4/2/2013 2:53:35 PM
steelbooks hold the disc too tight, only flaw on the greatest case ever invented.

always feel like I'm going to snap the disc in half using a steelbook.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#28656stoogePosted 4/2/2013 2:53:44 PM
norwish posted...

No, it's your standard steelbook 2-disc case. I have no idea why, but EVERYONE had issues with this. I remember the ME boards were flooded with people panicking about getting their disc out.

Surely the company the makes the case makes a few test cases to if they function?
---
#29MrMolinaroPosted 4/2/2013 3:03:07 PM
norwish posted...

I had similar issues with the ME3 steelbook. My solution was just to keep it in the case of whatever game I swapped it out for when I played something else. Just like an earlier poster, I now avoid steelbooks because of the bad experience with that one.
#30doraemonllh1989Posted 4/2/2013 3:03:17 PM
PC games case are the worse

PS3 game cases are fantastic
---
I like good games